Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By QuanasTales

Title: Through the Shadows (Chapter 1-3)

chase123456tan is offline Master Gamer

Default Through the Shadows (Chapter 1-3)

Through the Shadows
    Chapter 1

I held the scrapbook in my hands. Liroa had sent it for me. She was in Orgrimmar,advising the Warchief not to push farther into Ashenvale. Liroa had short dark blue hair and bangs who often wore black leather and a bone bow. Wierd,huh? She wasn't all silent and assassin-like,Liroa laughed and smiled and said that life was too short. We could live to be 350 years old,and we were 80. So we had a ways to go. In my last letter,I had asked Liroa to send me some pictures and things from Orgrimmar. Taking that she used a Goblin camera or painted them,I opened the scrapbook. There was a painting of the market that had a few stands of meath,fruit,and some clothes. I saw the Brew of the Month club sitting by the meat stand. I turned the page and saw a painting of the orphanage. Orphans were playing on Liroa,and she was smiling. Her pet bear,Bernard,was walking around with two orphans on his back. There was a little toy ball in the package Liroa sent. I flipped through places,each of something different. I finally stopped and a letter fell out.

Dear Celaena,

How are you? Orgrimmar is exotic. Yet,the buildings are cruelly built and it pales in comparison to the buildings in Quel'thalas. The buildings are gray and a dark red. Orcs are so gross! They eat like pigs. And the food is awful. They eat like warriors,and I hate it. We eat gruel and dry meat. The meat has absolutely no flavor. Would you do me a favor and send me a few recipes? The fruit and meat stands have so much food,and I'd love to finally cook something. The fishing is absolutely awful. There are only two ponds,and they are all empty. I tried fishing in the river that borders the Barrens and Durotar,but the scorpians and crocolisks are always coming at me. The ravine has been filled,but you cannot fish in it because of the drowned Thunder Lizards. I'd love to see Quel'thalas once again,and I will be back in a month. Lor'themar Theron has said that I will be replaced,and I can finally come home. We could go on our hunting trips and have a good time again. Wouldn't you like that? I know you would. You always treasured our hunting trips,and so do I.
    Your Friend,
    Liroa

I stared at the letter for a long time until somebody knocked on my door,pulling me out of my trance.
    "Come in," I said. Velystra came in,her curly hair matted to her face.
    "T-the Scourge!" Velystra said. I snatched my bow off the table and walked onto the balcony. I carefully aimed,piercing the ribcage of one. It fell apart,and I saw the Farstriders aiming arrows at the Scourge,ushering out people. I stuffed my clothes,my little box of jewelry,and the box of Liroa's letters and scrapbook into my bag. I stuffed arrows into my sling and my daggers into my belt,snatched up Velystra's hand,and ran out. One by one,the Scourge fell. Finally,into open court,Velystra let go of my hand and went off on her own. I stared for a second and continued to run out of Silvermoon City.
    Chapter 2

I finally reached the gates and ran over the bridge. My bags kept hitting the sides of my thighs while I ran with a steady beat. Jero'me was slumped against the wall,probaly asleep. I couldn't think straight. Liroa would come back and be like "What happened!?" and I'd tell her the Scourge came and then... well,I don't know. I know Clea is probaly trapped in the palace. I was her shadow,and she was connected with the Light,she could handle it. And,upon making that decision,I ran to Thuron's Livery and quickly looked for my hawkstrider. My hawkstrider was a purple-blue thing,which was something like a peacock colors. Finally,when I found her,I snatched up the reins and jumped on. I didn't have a saddle,but I could hold on. I urged her forward to the Ghostlands,hoping to get to Windrunner Spire. My red hair whipped around my face as my hawkstrider ran through the wild. When we passed through the only village there was,I noticed it was deserted. Finally coming into the Ghostlands,the air was hot and airy. Through Tranquillen,past the two reformed temples,and up to the Spire. Stables stood by the Spire. I dropped the reins and tied up my hawkstrider. I wandered the Spire,taking in the furniture and rooms. There was a living area for the first part that you walked into,now covered in layers of dust and cobwebs. There were two bedrooms with a bathroom linked between the two and a medium sized personal closet for each room. A kitchen with cans and jars of food. A dining set was out infront of the kitchen,with a flap of cloth that needed repaired. I finally cleaned up the master bedroom and bathroom enough that I could stay there. I got to work cleaning up everything else. I finally fell asleep in the master bedroom.
    I woke up to gray sunlight coming in through the doorway. The bed was comfortable. The round bed had light red curtains pulled to the wall and two armoires on each side of the door. There was little shelf-like thing seperating the armoires,with a chair pushed in each one. The room was barren except for those few things and the large room covering the floor. The bathroom had regular bathroom things. There was some soap left,and I knew how to make soap. I changed into my tan leather set and went to the kitchen. I looked around and finally opened a can of peaches. I dumped it into one of the bowls I had found yesterday. It tasted somewhat like a piece of day old bread,but it was good except for that. I continued to explore and clean it up as much as I could. In the guest room,there were three miniature beds and an armoire for each one. I took it there was one for each Windrunner sister. I could only remember Vereesa and Sylvanas. Sylvanas because she was my mom. Although she must've forgotten about me,I still liked to stay on her side of the family.
    The next few weeks were peaceful. I cooked food that mostly consisted of bat and spider. I sometimes could cook something with lynx,if one wandered far enough. I busied myself with cleaning. My day went like this: Shower,eat, laundry,clean,eat,explore,dance,draw,sew,eat,explore,feed hawkstrider,eat,sleep. I'd occasionaly sharpen my daggers or make more. Sometimes I'd make more arrows or another bow. I wanted somebody to talk to,somebody to draw. I knew Liroa would probaly stop by the Ghostlands,and Windrunner Spire. Liroa was my sister. Older sister who died with Sylvanas. Now,Liroa was as alive as your or I,and you could never guess she died and came back. Liroa always told me "You live your life. I was lucky to get mine back" or "You live your life with joy,and never waste a moment". She liked to braid and play with my hair or have me draw her. I missed her. On the fifth week,I heard footsteps.
    "Who is it?" I called. No answer. A head popped into the door and I instantly reconized her.
    "Celaena!" Liroa said,looking at me.
    "You look sad," I said.
    "You know me so well," she said.
    Chapter 3

"What happened?" I asked her. Liroa shook her head,causing her dark blue hair to fall around her face. Liroa,before she died,was married. I knew that much. I also knew they died together,yet he couldn't come back. I didn't think that was it.
    "Vol'jin,Darkspear Chieftan,challenged Garrosh," she said. I could tell he probaly died.
    "He died?" I said.
    "No. Garrosh thinks he died,but I'm afraid the story continues," Liroa said. I lit a fire and started to look for chocolate powder. When I did,I dumped it in a pot and put it above the fire with some milk.
    "Garrosh took Vol'jin's daughter,Adetta. He is using her as a prize," she continued. I poured the hot chocolate into two mugs,handing one to her. Adetta was a good friend of mine. She didn't particularly like Clea.
    "We must recue her?" I asked.
    "Yes,but we must take care of our kind first," Liroa said. I leaned back in my chair,causing it to groan.
    "Lets make this our home first," I said. Liroa and I moved in complete,trying to make it so we had our own personal domains. Liroa and I decided on going with simple maroon colors for the living area.
    Liroa and I decided to pack up and go to Silvermoon City,to help. We put a barrier around the Spire to keep it ours. I grabbed my hawkstrider and got on.
    "You don't have a saddle," Liroa said.
    "I can hold on," I said. Liroa led the way,and I followed. I tried to imagine what would happen. Bad: Clea and Father would see us,Liroa would be cast out of the palace,I'd be Clea's shadow once again. Good: Father would let me live in Windrunner Spire with Liroa and I'd be free. I hoped the Windrunner Spire part was true.
    We finally reached Silvermoon City. The guards didn't salute. When we came in to the palace,the guards stopped us.
    "Do you not know who I am?" I said.
    "You're a stranger," one of the guards said.
    "No. I am Celaena Windrunner," the guard raised an eyebrow. I stared him in the eye. They let us pass and tied up our hawkstriders.
    "Cel! Oh,how I've missed you!" Clea said. I wanted to punch her.
    "You missed your shadow," I said. Clea looked at me. Her look said "Yes but I won't say so".
    "Celaena!" Father said,he gathered me up in a hug.
    "I thought you were dead," he continued.
    "Father,I wanted to know if you would allow me to live in Windrunner Spire," I said,matter-of-factly.
    "If you will have Liroa stay with you and allow me to send food and whatever you need," Father said. He was on his This-is-my-choice-not-Clea's rants.
    "Of course," I said.
    "Go pack because we haven't touched your room," Father said. Clea was deathly white. Remember,almost white skin and now,she was white. Liroa and Father started talking when I went to my room,Clea following.
    "May I help you pack?" Clea asked. Her hair was in a bun and she was wearing a pink floor-length robe with a dark red vest.
    "Of course," I said. Clea and I worked on stuffing my clothes in bags,deciding Clea would write to me and visit once a month. We packed up tons of paper and most of my jewelry,all my favorite weapons,books from my personal library,and all my stuffed animals.
    "You could re-decorate your home. Most of that furniture must be tons of years old," Clea said.
    "I'd like to," I said. My room was somewhat ugly. Liroa and I could make the bathroom one of a kind.
    "Would you like me to send cloth? I know how you love to sew," Clea said,continuing to pack the items off my shelves.When the room was empty except for the furniture,we asked some servants to take them out. We walked down the hall in silence. I took it that Father had given Liroa complete responibility over me and made it so Liroa would get what she needed. I'd ask her when we were at Windrunner Spire.
    Last edited by chase123456tan; 05-26-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    KATAANG
    I'm taking the Timeless Isle for the GEAR!
    Beware, Thunder King, nobody is safe from my monk.

QuanasTales is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Through the Shadows (Chapter 1-3)

Cool, World of Warcraft! I really like you story, too.
    chase123456tan likes this.
    My time may have been brief here...
    ... but I don't think I'll be able to forget any of you.
    Thank you all for the laughs and the smiles.

Did this just happen . . . ?
    Did somebody auctually POST on one of my stories?!
    KATAANG

QuanasTales is offline Amateur Gamer

Well, I am surprised as you are, because personally I think this is fantastic!
    My time may have been brief here...
    ... but I don't think I'll be able to forget any of you.
    Thank you all for the laughs and the smiles.

Now I have a reason to continue.
    *think*
    AHA!
    Next part...
    KATAANG