Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Lilly Loves is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Temporary Family

All comments are welcome, as long as they are not too mean to me or any other member. This is my first shot at writing xD

I gazed into the misty glass windows of the house that would never be home in misery. A steaming hot tear of pain slithered down my cheek and landed in a dark puddle on my light wash blue jeans. Rain poured outside, reflecting my mood. My breath was shaking, and I held back my tears. Barely. Just barely.
    Joyful laughter came from downstairs where my foster parents and foster sister were eating dinner. Was having my father leave my mom and I not enough, then die a few months later in a car wreck? Was watching my mother die slowly and painfully of leukemia not good enough for God? Was being lonely and unwanted in the orphanage for a year not enough suffrage for Him? It didn’t matter anymore. Not a bit. He didn’t care about me, he doesn’t love me. All those Sunday School classes I woke up early to go to were a waste. They were all lies. Lies just to make our lives seem magical and wonderful. Well it didn’t matter. Not anymore God, not anymore.

I felt the gentle push of my foster sister, Trinity, standing by my bed. The small 5 year old was shaking in her light pink nightgown. I rolled over and glanced at the clock. It was past one!
    “ What do you want, Trinity?” I mumbled. Trinity was alright. I wasn’t big on the whole foster family idea at all.
    “ Are you sad?” She asked softly, her big brown eyes innocent.
    “ No. I’m just……” I trailed off, turning away.
    “ You miss your parents. But want to know why they died?” Trinity asked me, and I had a feeling she was going to give me the perfect Sunday School answer.
    “ Why?” I was too curious on the answer.
    “ Because they were so amazing he wanted them with him. And he had so much faith in you that he knew you could let them go.” Trinity whispered, and for a second, she sounded as wise as an old woman instead of a small fragile 5 year old.
    “ Thanks Trinity. I’m happy now.” Without thinking I pulled her into a hug and gently kissed her head. “ Good night.”
    Trinity padded out of the room, her light pink blanket trailing behind her.

I woke up the next morning to the smell of eggs and bacon, and the serene tweets of birds outside my window. The white door to my room burst open and Olivia, my foster mother came in.
    Olivia was fine. She had long golden hair and pretty amber eyes, and light freckles scattered over her face. She was nice and all, but would never be my real mom.
    “ Oh, You’re already awake? My goodness, you must be an early bird like me.” Olivia beamed, and I looked at the clock which blinked 8:11. Darn it, we had something in common.
    “ If you’d like, I’m about to drop Trinity off at school, you can come.” Olivia offered.
    “ Okay.” I mumbled dully. As Olivia left, I put on a pair of jeans and a red tee shirt. I glanced in the mirror, running a soft brush through my straight red hair and applying faint eyeshadow over my light blue eyes. I remember when my mom and I used to do this, we’d go out together and do errands. But God wanted her, because she was truly amazing. And that, I could believe.
    Lílly Faithblossoms

Skylär51 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Temporary Family

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOH, Lillyness is talented!

"In a land of myth, and a time of magic… the destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a young boy. His name… Merlin."

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

I love it Lillyboo! DYING. NEED. NEXT. CHAAAAPPPPPTTTTTEEEEEERRRRRRR!

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Ella Sparkleflower is offline Master Gamer

Love-it-so-much. You write really well! Better than me!!

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NIEN, WIR SIND DIE JÄGER