Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Charlotte is offline Master Gamer

Default A Story I'm working on (Will add on as I go)

This story needs a name, post what I should name it if you get any ideas. x]
    I sat there, my face in my hands, tears streaming down my sun kissed skin. The pain of it all was too much to bear, I’d lost everything. My parents were dead, my friends, well lets be honest. What friends? I had no grandparents, aunts, or uncles. Who was I suppose to go to? I looked up at the empty house were I once lived with my mom, dad, sister, and brother. I had a huge lump in my throat and my chest ached with the sense of being alone. I was only thirteen for crying out loud!!! I stood up and went into my small bedroom. I grabbed my New Moon backpack and stuffed all the clothes in my dresser into it. I took my bag that had my name on it and put some of my stuffed animals, statues, jewelry, and special items in it. I grabbed my school book sack and put my baby book and baby scrapbook in it. I took a small purse and put some of my parents and siblings things in it, tears spilling down my cheeks again. I hid from the police when they came to find evidence. I hid from the paramedics when they came for the bodies, they probably think I was kidnapped or something. But today I’d call the police and tell them the truth and what happened the day my family was murdered.

“So what exactly happened to your family ma’am?” The officer said, his wrinkled face was tan and looked wrong with his gray hair.
    “Well, they have some guys that live around our neighborhood. They stole something from my brother so my parents called the police. One of them said, “I’ll get you. You and your family!” My parents didn’t believe them, but I did.” I said, my voice breaking at the end.
    “And did you know the young men who stole the bike?” He asked.
    “What exactly do you mean by ‘know’?” I asked.
    “Did you speak to them, hang out with them?” He said, he had a pad of paper and an ink pen.
    “Yes sir, I go to school with them. They’re in eighth grade at Iberia Middle School. He was a friend of someone I lived by. I’d hang out with them, but we weren’t really friends.” I told him.
    “Oh, well continue. What happened that night?” He was writing down everything I said word for word.
    “That night I was in my room reading, it was about eight thirty, My parents and sister and brother were sound asleep. Suddenly there was a loud bang and the sound of glass shattering. I got up and went to my door, there were footsteps, then a door opening, then screaming.” A tear fell down my face, “Then a gunshot, the screaming cut off. We don’t own any guns so my parents came out with metal rods. Another round of gunshots, I heard the rods drop to the floor. I quickly opened my window then hid in my closet. The came into my room, they saw I wasn’t there so they left.” I was sobbing now. “I went look out into the hall and… My parents were on the ground, dead of course. They’re faces were surprised and looked like they had been screaming. It still haunts me, so I went into my brother and sisters room and saw they were dead.” My voice broke, I gathered myself then began again. “When the police showed up I stayed hidden. I didn’t want to leave for some reason.” I said, he nodded.
    “I think I have all I need.” He said.
    “Okay.” I said quietly.
    “Here.” He said and handed me some papers.
    “What are these?” I asked and examined the papers.
    “Where the funerals will be held. I have people looking for your family so that they may be contacted.” He said solemnly, “But until then can you find a friend to stay with?”
    “I don’t have any friends.” I muttered.
    “Oh… Well then… I’ll make some arrangements.” He said and turned to his phone, he dialed then held it to his ear. “Hi hun. I was just wondering if you could set up the extra bedroom.” He paused and listened, “There’s a young girl here who needs a place to stay.” He nodded as the person on the other line replied. “Thank you hun. I’ll see you at dinner.” He hung up and turned to me. “You’ll be staying with me until your family is contacted.” He said. I nodded and said, “Thank you.”

The police contacted my grandparents, they lived all the way in Pennsylvania. They were gonna contact the rest of my family and then come to the funerals. The funerals were today all at one time. I had on my favorite white dress and a red flower pattern. I flat ironed my hair and put on very little make-up. I looked in the mirror just as Officer Jones’s wife called me downstairs. “Dakota!” She yelled.
    “Coming!” I yelled and ran downstairs, my white heels clanking against the wooden steps. Ca-clunk, ca-clunk.
    “Ma’am?” I asked when I made it down.
    “It’s time to leave, Mr. Jones will be dropping you off and your grandparents will be taking you home with them.” She said, she gave me a big hug then urged me out of the door.
    “Hop in.” Mr. Jones said and opened my door for me.
    “Thanks.” I muttered as I climbed in. He got in on the drivers side, we drove in silence. When we reached the funeral he gave me an awkward, one-armed hug before I climbed out. They had a ton of people there, some friends of my parents, some family. I took a deep breath and walked to the crowd of people, my head held high.
    “Oh Dakki!” An old, gray haired, woman said and hugged me tightly.
    ”Um..?” I said.
    ”I’m your grandma Rose. Your mom named your middle name after me.” She said and smiled.
    “Oh. Hi.” I said and attempted a smile.
    “I’m so sorry about your family dear. You’ll love Pennsylvania, I promise.” She said and led me over to an old man with black hair that had small gray hairs.
    “James, this is Dakota. Sharon’s oldest daughter.” She said to the man.
    “Oh, hello Dakota.” He said and hugged me. Gosh these people love to hug, I thought.
    “Hi.” I said and looked down.
    “Well. We better head inside so you can meet the family.” Grandma Rose said and led us in. “Oh and you can call us MeeMee and Pawpaw.” She smiled.
    “Okay.” I muttered. The whole way to the room where the caskets were held people were hugging me and telling me how sorry they were. When we made it in there they led me to the caskets. When I saw them all in the caskets, eyes closed and hands folded, tears flowed down my face. It finally sunk in, they were dead and never coming back. I felt dizzy and sick. I wanted to throw up. I sobbed and ran outside and across the street to an old abandoned building. I sat down against the wall and cried loudly. No one came for me until the burial was over.

The whole way to Pennsylvania no one said anything until we stopped for food or bathroom breaks. I cried most of the way and ate only once, I didn’t even use the bathroom.
    “We’re here.” Pawpaw said and climbed out quickly. It was freezing outside and there was nothing but hills and trees everywhere. Goodbye civilization, I thought bitterly. I climbed out and went around to the trunk of the old car. I grabbed all of my bags.
    “Let me take those for you.” Pawpaw said, Meemee was already in the house.
    “No I got it.” I said.
    “Okay then. Well, follow me to your room. Meemee set it all up for you.” He said with a smile. He led me into the huge white house, up a flight of stairs and into a huge bedroom. The walls were hot pink with neon green polka dots. I set all of my stuff down by the door.
    “If you don’t like it we can redo it for you.” He said.
    “No, I like it.” I said and smiled at him, it was a small smile.
    “Okie dokie then. I’ll let you unpack and get settled in.” He said and left, he closed the door behind him. I looked at the room again, I had a king sized, baby pink bed. There was a white dresser and a closet. There was a small wooden desk in the corner of the room with a computer on it. There was a big window with a windowsill that was big enough to sit on with a red cushion on it. I smiled a little then turned to my bags. I took the one with my clothes and set it on my bed. I unpacked all of the clothes and set them in the dresser. It was a small dresser so I went over to the closet door and opened it. It was a huge walk-in closet, every teenage girls’ dream. I got down all of the hangers and put my clothes on them. I had a stack of clothed on my bed that were on hangers. I took them one by one and hung them in the closet. When I was done with that I took out the rest of my things and organized them in the room. I sighed and plopped down on the bed, I kicked off my green converse and laid down. I closed my eyes and was asleep in no time.

"Dakki! Time to wake up and get ready for school!" Meemee yealled at me for the fifth time. I wasnt ready for this, going to a new school. But I had to sooner or later, if I had it my way it would be later. I sighed and got out of my fluffy bed. Since we didnt have to wear uniforms here I just grabbed my white tank top and black skirt. My black flipflops went nicely with this so I slipped those onto my dainty feet. I drug my feet to the bathroom and plugged in my Chi flatiron, my hair is just so curly! I looked in the mirror and sighed, my green-blue eyes were closer to dark green today. My light brown hair was actually kinda pretty so I turned off the iron and put a cute red clip in my hair, pinning my bangs to the side. I put on a little bit of lip gloss then ran downstairs only to find Meemee setting a plate of bacon and eggs on the table. Bacon!!!! Oh my goodness! I ran to the table happily and sat down. I scarffed down the food, it burned my throat but I didnt care.
    "Oh be careful dear, its hot." Meemee said, a small smile spreading across her wrinkled face.
    "Mmm." I mumbled.
    "What's that dear?" She said, her gray eyebrows raised.
    "It's good. Thank you for making me breakfast." I said and smiled around a big bite of bacon.
    "You're very welcome child. But you must be going now! Dont want to be late!" She said, she practically threw my book sack at me then pushed me out the door. There was a bus coming down the road, to pick me up I guess, I went stand at the curb and waited until it stopped in front of me. The sliding door opened for me, I took a deep breath and got on. I quickly sat on the first empty seat I saw, which was next to a pale, black haired girl. She took one look at me then rolled her eyes.
    "Ummmm... Hi." I said, she looked at me again.
    "Hi." She said, her expression was a mixture of annoyed and a glare.
    "I'm Dakota." I said and gave her a small smile.
    "Wonderful." She said sarcastically.
    "Um. So, you live in the neighborhood?" I asked, trying hard to be friendly.
    "Yes." She said, she sounded annoyed now.
    "Hey! You!" Someone yelled, I turned.
    "Me?" I asked.
    "Yes you! What the heck is up with your skin?" It was a blonde girl.
    "Um? Nothing?" I said and looked down at my arms.
    "Why are you so tan?" She asked.
    "I'm from the south." I said.
    "Oh." She said, she and the people around her laughed, "That expolains the accent." She said, I gave her a rude look.
    "At least I'm not pale as a ghost." I muttered. The rest of the ride was quiet, I just sat there and stared at my hands.
    "Look at what she's wearing. I mean, what the heck!" Someone whispered, everyone was whispering something about me. We finally made it to the Junior High, I sighed and climbed off the bus. Something hit me in the back of my head hard. I blacked out for a minute then woke up, my face on the icy cement. I got up, I felt dizzy and tears were sliding down my face from the impact. I heard laughing all around me, I got up and ran into the forest near the school. I tripped a few times but finally found a spot to sit. It was a falled tree that was covered in moss. I sobbed loudly as the tears stung my cheek where it hit the cement.
    Chris
    Chris had watched her run into the forest, her long hair flowing behind her elegantly. Tears running down her tanned face. Chris wanted to wipe away those tears and wanted to knock out whoever brought those tears to her eyes. Her eyes..... The eyes of a goddess. Dark green in a diamond pattern. He knew she couldn't see him, but he could see her. She couldnt touch him, but he could touch her. He went behnd her as she sat on the fallen tree, as he looked down at her his dark hair fell into his eyes. He brushed it away. Just as he reached down to wipe a tear from her eye she spun around. Her expression was a mix between bewilderment and fear.
    "Who are you?" She asked, her voice musical and silky.
    "I am Prince Christopher, my lady." He said without thinking then bowed politely. Amusement sparked in her deep green eyes.
    "Prince?" She asked, one delicate eyebrow raised, "My lady?" A bubble of laughter escaped her rosy lips. "What kind of a joke is this?" She asked.
    "Not a joke." He said.
    "Look if you want to bully me like the rest of the kids at school cant you just wait until there are people around?" She asked, her eyes looked cloudy, as if she were on the edge of tears again.
    "What is troubling you?" He asked then moved to sit next to her on the tree.
    "Why do you care?" She muttered.
    "I'm not quite sure, but i you'd like to tell me I wouldnt mind listening." He said, his eyes were wide with innocence and kindness. She studied him for a long moment then nodded.
    "I just moved here after my family was killed. I live with my grandparents and everyone at school hates my guts. Someone even pushed me off the bus." She said and tears escaped the corners of her eyes.
    "Oh, they are all just jealous of your radiant beauty." He said, she smiled at him, her cheeks turned pink.
    Last edited by Charlotte; 09-19-2010 at 05:21 PM.

kiperrr is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: A Story I'm working on (Will add on as I go)

wow nice job! only thing is aren't you not allowed to put things here that say people died? eh idc i think i did the same thing on my story!

Kiperrrful (AKA Kiperrr, Kippy, Kipster, Kip)
    IGN: Kiperrrful Server 4

Misty is offline Master Gamer

i really like this story and cant wait to read more ^_^

I'm thinking of what I should add on... It's gonna be hard cause I usually write romances lol

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Awesome story, Char! I love it, can't wait to read more! ^_^
    LOL I find it hard to stick with the rules too... I'm trying to edit this story so I can post it on here. :/
    Allons-y.

kiperrr is offline Master Gamer

yeah i know have you read my story on here yet? it isn't BAD on here but i kinda changed it up for this so it would fit in the guidelines lol it is A LOT worse lol

Kiperrrful (AKA Kiperrr, Kippy, Kipster, Kip)
    IGN: Kiperrrful Server 4

I added on. Read the pink part.

Misty is offline Master Gamer

yay you wrote more and now i want to read more lol. the girl with the black hair seems alot like me haha.

Lol! I'm about to start writing more hehe. I had to get off for a bit and take care of some chores. So I'll talk to you soon.

I added on. !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast