Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Riley Shadowfort is offline Master Gamer

Default Riley's (Currently Nameless) Novel

Hello everyone! This novel is based on my role play character, Riley, and it takes place about 2 and a half years before she joins up with the other rp characters. I'm gonna put each chapter in spoilers, so this post doesn't become ridiculously long. Anyway, thank you for reading and feel free to leave comments, suggestions, and constructive criticism!

CHAPTER 1
    Spoiler: show

I didn’t want magic. I’d always thought of magic as wimpy. That it was used by those who don’t have the guts to fight the old fashioned way. Was I wrong? I’m not entirely sure. I’ve always preferred fighting with a big hammer, so magic was totally new to me. At least, I thought it was. Anyway, I’d lived totally magic free my whole life and I can’t recall the exact day that magic started coming to me. There is one day that sticks out in my memory, though, and I’ve always considered it the day that it all began.

I’d been training at a small school deep in a corner of Briarwood. Briarwood, you know, the dark, humid place full of giant, neon mushrooms and spiked vines. Most people found it scary there, dangerous even. I’d lived in Briarwood almost all of the ten years of my life, I loved the darkness and the twists and turns of the hedge maze. To me, Briarwood was home.

My fighting school was very well known, very small, and very, very hard to get into. I applied to attend there when I was six, and was required to take on six grown men in a fight, all by myself. Obviously, I passed the test, and was allowed to go to school there.
    It was Friday, which meant it was “Knock-out day” at school. Basically, we used what we learned during the week to knock out other students. Naturally, it was my favorite day of the week. That particular “knock-out day” I was assigned to be fighting Ben Puntley. Like most of the kids at my school, he was a bit of a bully, but I didn’t really care about that. To me, he was just another opponent. I had been sitting on a bench, spacing out; when the instructor signaled that it was time to start the match.

“First, we have Riley and Benjamin.” He announced.
    I stood up, resting my hammer on my shoulder as I s
    tepped into the ring. Ben, who always had something insulting to say, taunted “This shouldn’t be hard, you fight like a puny little wizard.” as he sauntered into the ring.

“Shut it, Ben.” I retorted barely annoyed.

Ben, not satisfied by my lack of emotion, wasn’t about to give up. “Oh yeah, you’re a girl, you fight like a wimp anyway.”

My gray eyes filled up with anger. He’d hit a sore spot, I was the only girl at my school, and I was constantly reminded of it. “Well, if you’re such a big man, why don’t you stop talking and fight?”

Ben smiled and advanced towards me, his hammer ready. He took a swing at my head, which I had expected and dodged easily. I swung at his head, but I didn’t get in a very good hit. I then spun around and whaled him in the stomach. Ben fell to the ground, the wind knocked out of his chest. “Stupid girl,” he mumbled. Anger bubbled up inside me. I considered whacking him again, but I didn’t hit people while they were down, so I settled for glaring at Ben, instead. Surprisingly, after Ben saw me glaring at him, he passed out.

“Uh, Ben?” I asked, only mildly concerned.

Ben stirred for a moment, then opened his eyes and stood up and looked me in the eyes, “I was wrong, girls can fight just as well as guys.”

I was freaked out, “Dude, I think I just gave you a concussion.”

“No, really, I’m fine. I’m just saying you were right.”

I pulled my helmet off, letting my curly, light brown hair fall down to my shoulders. I looked at him more closely, “You sure, you’re okay?” I asked. I was a little worried at that point, I thought I might’ve seriously injured him.

Finally, our instructor started talking, “Ri, we’ll get Ben checked out. You just be happy he’s actually agreeing with you. Next up we have George and Stanley.”

I walked out of the ring, and sat back down on the bench, feeling troubled. I knew Ben Puntley; he’d never admit that a girl was better than him, even if he did have a concussion. I certainly didn’t hit him in the head hard enough to give him any brain damage, so one question remained in my head. What did I just do?

Did you know that 75% of statistics aren’t true?

James Darkshadow is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Riley's (Currently Nameless) Novel

Ahh Riley, you finally wrote a story *Applause*
    Join the Movement! Help Resurgence! We are a Group of Volunteers with a common goal, hosting activities for the community! Help us out! We'd love to have you.

Yes, yes I did. Thank you! lol

Well, XD, Hey ~BUMP~ More people need to read this.

I have stopped working on my Story to work on my New Guild <Insiders Wannabes>
    But no one cares, or wants to join. I might start writing my story.
    Join the Movement! Help Resurgence! We are a Group of Volunteers with a common goal, hosting activities for the community! Help us out! We'd love to have you.

I'm sure you'll find members, there are plenty of people who want to be in <insiders>. Don't give up!

btw, thanks for the bump!

Charlotte is offline Master Gamer

Wow this is a great story!

Thank you!!!

Misty is offline Master Gamer

great story riley i just wish i had time to work on mine....

Thanks Misty!

You don't need to find time to write your novel, you could write it in a notebook when you find time, then just type it into your thread when you come online. You're a fast typer, unlike me. lol

~Bump~ I hate it when my thing gets knocked off an no one ever reads it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast