• 1 Post By bnbnbnbn34299

Title: The Princess: A Beginning

bnbnbnbn34299 is offline Master Gamer

Default The Princess: A Beginning

Prologue: Looking Back

Atop a cliff overlooking the little town of Stillwater Crossing, a pixie lay deep in thought. The pixie's name was Angela Oakberry, and she was trying to mentally go back in time. Soon, in body she was sleeping, but in mind she was going back, back to the days of her youth, back when she first met her best friend, back when her friend was enemy, back to the last time she lay perched on this very cliff.
    chase123456tan likes this.
    I hardly call this place perfect. But I'm a mess, who can't handle any friendship without ruining it and has no one to turn to now.
    I belong right here, and I'm not moving. Ever again.

Default Re: The Princess: A Beginning

(Sorry if adding a chapter counts as a double post but this is how I'm comfortable doing it)
    Chapter 1: Way Back When

Angela, now tired and restless from sitting on a cliff, got up and brushed off her skirt. This was not the current Angela, but in fact it was her many years ago, back when she was ten. Her hair was lighter, her eyes were purple, and she had a more high-pitched voice, but otherwise it was the same girl. Back then, she was the pretty child of two pixies: one who spent her time working in the swamp, and the other who was a victim of the Gloam Virus, which had hit quick but with a simple cure. The three lived in the humble town of Stillwater Crossing, and Angela had made many friends. Unbeknownst to her, her parents' combining had created something magical, something dark, something amazing, something strange enough to be a fool's lie-or the truth. Because of this(and for a false reason she was told), she was never allowed to go to Seaside or Snowhill in her younger years, or else it would wet the growing spark of magic nestled within her. Instead, they made many visits to Lakeshore, where she had gained a love of Gummyfruit-soaked Flutterfish and Rainbowleaf-wrapped Calico Catfish. She got up and whistled to her dog, Flora, who immediately came over. Flora was a black dog with odd purple streaks, as well as the odd ability of having to interchangeable forms: a pony-sized dog and a squirrel-sized one. She had been purchased in Blackspore, and had proved to be a loving dog. But Flora had a secret. She was one of the five selected to hone the power of a coming figure, the Princess of Blackspore. Besides Flora was the Enticer, a pixie better known now as Darci Flitterstride, who was only a child, supposed to lead the Princess into loving her domain, and knew nothing of it; the Shifter, who would help the princess of need be to get back on her path, and luckily never needed to; the Endower, who would give the princess hints to her destiny if need be and never did have to; and lastly the Uniter, the fifth one, who would cause the mayhem leading to the Princess that would get the ball rolling. Finally, there was Flora, the Guardian, meant to protect her future princess, for she was in fact merely an injured dog, enchanted with two canine spirits and that of a shapeshifter, created only to aid the girl now riding her down the cliff. Young Angela Oakberry was destined to be the Princess of Blackspore, and it all began with the Uniter, better known as Elissa Starblossom, who was about to cross her fate and set the ball rolling.
    I hardly call this place perfect. But I'm a mess, who can't handle any friendship without ruining it and has no one to turn to now.

Chapter 2: Enemies

At the base of the cliff, there was a ball game going on. Angela paused and saw that it was two of her friends against another one of hers and a new girl. They stopped the game and introduced her. Her name was Elissa Starblossom, and she had solid black eyes and blond pigtails. After the introduction, the other girls had to leave. Suddenly, Elissa turned to Angela and pushed her into a nearby tree. She slowly got up and rubbed her head.
    "Why did you do that? That was mean!"
    "You deserved it, you little flutterer!" With that, Elissa ran off to join the other girls. Meanwhile, Angela was direly confused. This girl, among some of the nicest people ever, was in fact mean to her for no apparent reason. Sorrowful, she got back on Flora and made her way home, hoping to tell her parents what this girl had done.

ScarletBel123 is offline Explorer

Nice work!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletBel123 View Post
    Nice work!!
    Thanks. I actually have the later parts well planned out, but the beginning is not very strong. I think if I cut some of it out I should be ok.

Chapter 3: Swamp Trek

For weeks now, Angela had to live in fear of running into Elissa. She was never nasty when someone was watching, yet she constantly found excuses to be mean. No one seemed to believe what she was doing. That night, as Angela fluttered in her room, she pondered her options. She had heard someone talking about how Elissa hated the swamp, and it wasn't that far away. From her dwelling it would merely take ten minutes to get there. She would have new way to hide. Seconds after she had the idea, she stopped and weighed the costs. Blackspore Swamp wasn't exactly safe for a young pixie. Vicious cray could snap her in two, hungry frogs could swallow her whole, and then there was the whole portion of the swamp's population who were not alive that could harm her. Still, if she was careful.........she could do it and make it back before she was noticed. Finally, she made her desicion. As soon as her parents fell asleep, Angela grabbed a bundle of food and made her way to Blackspore, where her power would begin to blossom.