Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Default A novel by Rain Wolfheart, but almost all credit to James Darkshadow (No idea for a name :P)

This story is written by me, but it takes place in the alternate universe that fellow writer James Darkshadow dreamed up. Across the U.S/Canada border, to be exact. To get the full effect, I reccomend reading his story. No, I insist you read it! Here is a link: http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...ad.php?t=28190 (My Novel - (Needs A Name) - By James Darkshadow). Here is my side of the story.

My story takes place somewhere between the years 2012 and 2020. Canada. Eastern Manitoba, to be exact. Just along the U.S. border. In a town called Rosewood. Pretty much nobody has heard of it. It's pretty quiet. You may have heard of the 2012 paranoia. The world pretty much went crazy. The U.S. government was taken over by the military, who started changing things. Sure, some made their country better, but some also made people miserable. There were three classes: nobodies, somebodies and the gifted. I won't go into detail. It's not important right now. Us? We stood strong and proud on December 31st 2011 and waited for the world to end. It didn't. We celebrated a new year, made our resolutions and went on with our lives. Over the next couple of years, the demand for our precious natural resources went down. We were able to bring back the forest, save our water, make our own power. Almost all of it came from water, the sun and wind. Almost every district has a recycling plant. We got better. Then, hearing the sad stories of U.S. inhabitants who wanted to die after their government made certain decisions that worked against them, our own Canadian government allowed immigrants. We started bringing them across, even if it was illegal for them. We hid them, shipped them across the country to where they wouldn't be discovered. We were saving people and giving them new, better lives. Just last week, my friend Abigail housed a little girl and her parents while they were travelling to Ottawa. My story starts one dreary day in math class.

“Rain, can you tell me what you would obtain by adding two negative numbers with eachother?” asked Mrs. Fawn. I looked up from doodling on my notebook.
    “Um... A negative number?” I answered.
    “Rain, when will you ever remember? Two negatives equal a positive! Andrew, can you tell me the result of adding negative five to positive four?” she went on. Andrew answered correctly, and so did Ashley, Sophia, Brad and Matt. I was horrible at math, and everyone knew it. While we were at our lockers, I was getting my science book, Brad gave me a punch in the arm.
    “Way to go, Rain! You actually did worse than me!” he exclaimed. I brushed him away and fumbled with my lock. I always forgot my combination. When I finally opened it, I found a note from my friend Meg inside.

Rain,
    Meet me at break by my locker. I have something to tell you.
    -Meg

I stuffed the note into the pocket of my jeans and grabbed my French book. As soon as I had locked my locker, I realized that I had picked up the wrong one. I un-locked it once again, switched books and raced for science class. Today was not a good day for me.
    Last edited by Rain Wolfheart; 09-18-2010 at 05:20 PM.
    Allons-y.

Surflight is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: A novel by Rain Wolfheart (No idea for a name :P)

Cool! Can't wait for the next part!

Thanks! I'll probably write more tomorrow.
    Allons-y.

James Darkshadow is offline Master Gamer

Surf, the story is based off mine.....

Rain, if I ask you to change something will you do it XD..... if you don't want to you don't have too.......
    Join the Movement! Help Resurgence! We are a Group of Volunteers with a common goal, hosting activities for the community! Help us out! We'd love to have you.

taylorskydawn is offline Master Gamer

-knows the name-

The Charm

And Here Is A...BUMP!
    THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

Taylor O_O, Now come up with a Name for mine...... as hers is based off mine.....
    Join the Movement! Help Resurgence! We are a Group of Volunteers with a common goal, hosting activities for the community! Help us out! We'd love to have you.

Of course! I give you all the credit. (Except for the stuff that I made up, LOL!)
    Nice name, but it doesn't really fit with what I want to do with it... Sorry!
    Allons-y.

Default Re: A novel by Rain Wolfheart, but almost all credit to James Darkshadow (No idea for a name :P)

' The U.S.A. was probably the worst. The government took over everything. They decided almost everything. There were some special people who could actually have a life; Then, hearing the sad stories of U.S. inhabitants who wanted to die after their government made certain decisions that worked against them, our own Canadian government allowed immigrants. Of course, United States citiczens weren't allowed to leave unless they were with the military, but we started bringing them across. '

Alright, the Military took over the Government, who took over everything. They were able to but not always, make certain decisions like, who you marry, what life you live. They lived a life of seperated classes, the best of them all got the most options. The US promised that it would become what it was before, after the panic was over. The US shipped the Nobodies to Recycling Plants and Factories across America, and it no longer needed to rely on other countries. US stopped using as much oil and started using all the Renewable Energy, too.

The rest is pretty much correct. But America has truly never been better. The Research in Space (That has tons of workers) the Factories, the Recycling, the Military Research, Advanced Technology, Strong Army (Used for Defense only, not for attacking) and blah blah blah.

Default Re: A novel by Rain Wolfheart, but almost all credit to James Darkshadow (No idea for a name :P)

Changing it right away. (: Hope it'll work with what you want.
    Allons-y.

Perfect *Crying* I love how you changed it XD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast