Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Icon1 ~The Newspaper Writers Club Presents: Our First Issue!~

~The Newspaper Writers Club~
    Vol. 1, Issue 1
    Index:
    Misc.:
    Letter From The Editor
    Monthly Contest: Pick A Name, Any Name!
    Rant Corner: S.P.A.M: Stupid, Polluting, Annoying Messages, by Rain Wolfheart
    Media:
    Tunes of the Week, by Sarah Noblemind
    Sports:
    Old vs. New Review: Part 1, by assassin64
    Old vs. New Review: Part 2, by assassin64
    Current Events:
    Chicken Donations!, by Surflight
    Fashion Show, by Charlotte
    Classified Ads
    Help:
    Charlotte's Advice Column, by Charlotte
    Diversions:
    Horoscopes, by Icy Rose
    Free Realms Misc.:
    Royal Vault Lost Forever, by Icy Rose
    The Latest Trends In Free Realms, by Charlotte
    The End:
    Thank Yous & Welcomes

Misc.
    Letter From the Editor
    Hello, dear reader. This is the first edition of our newspaper, and I really hope you'll enjoy it. We put lots of hard work into this! This section, I'm hoping, will be filled with letters from our readers for our next issue. As you may have noticed, we have yet to choose a title. That's yours to decide by entering our first monthly contest! Looking for advice? Send in a question to Icy Rose or Charlotte who may answer them in their advice columns! Looking to add your own input? Send in an article to the rant corner or apply to join us!
    -Rain Wolfheart, Editor in Chief

Monthly Contest: Pick A Name, Any Name!
    Our newspaper is hot off the presses and ready to be read. But wait, stop the presses, it needs a name! That's where you guys come in, we need you to suggest a title for the next edition. Once the next newspaper goes up, we will post a poll so you can vote on the new name!
    Rules:
    -must be an appropriate title for a newspaper
    -only one entry per person
    -limit of five words in title
    The winning title will be our permanent title, so pick wisely! But it is the public's decision for this one, not ours. I (Rain Wolfheart) will simply make the poll and let the rest of our readers vote. Contact Rain Wolfheart or post on this thread to enter.

Rant Corner
    S.P.A.M: Stupid, Polluting, Annoying Messages
    By Rain Wolfheart
    Picture it: A busy Seaside. Filled with people dancing and pets digging up treasure. Now add some dialogue: Your basic chatting, but also a little something called spam. Spam is basically repeating the same message over and over again, so many times it fills up the chat log. The most common spam? “I need a guy” or “I need a girl." This is my other case: Dating in Free Realms. It's against the rules and annoying. And then mixed with all the other spam, you end up seeing this in the chat log:
    I need a guy!
    I need a guy!
    Buying Blackspore gloves!
    I need a guy!
    [You] Stop spamming!
    I need a guy!
    [You] -sigh-
    I need a guy!
    Pretty annoying, right? How to stop this spamming, dating, annoying nonsense? Stay away from it, tell the spammers to stop, and most importantly: don't be a spammer yourself! If you are, Chatty will hunt you down and roast you over the fire. Just kidding... Or am I?
    -Rain

Media
    Tunes of the Week
    By Sarah Noblemind

Pop:
    Lady Gaga-Bad Romance
    Singing:
    Pretty good, it's not horrible
    Lyrics:
    It's not deep or anything, more of a party song. But it's not extremely bad or anything, it's about her wanting to be more than friends with someone, so it's okay.
    Instruments:
    I don't really like this, it's not done very well. I don't like how it's completely electronic; it'd be nice if there were more real instruments in it.
    Rating:
    4.5 out of 10

Rock:
    Guns n' Roses-Sweet Child o' Mine
    Singing:
    Very nice, the duet sounds great with his son, they did a nice job.
    Lyrics:
    I like them, they're nice, sweet, and fits in with the music.
    Instruments:
    Excellent. It's really mellow mostly, until you get to the solo. It's not as calm but it doesn't feel out of place with the song. Slash did a nice job.
    Rating:
    8 out of 10

Metal:
    Metallica-The Unforgiven
    Singing:
    Absolutely amazing. He sings very well, and his feeling is very strong.
    Lyrics:
    Kind of sad, (It makes me think of World War 2) but very good. I like it, especially since it almost has a story. (I love songs with stories)
    Instruments:
    Awesome, just awesome. That's all I have to say.
    Rating:
    81/2 out of 10

Rap:
    Kayne West-Stronger
    Singing:
    It's pretty good, he does pretty well.
    Lyrics:
    They're okay, but I hate all the stupid cussing in it at the beginning. (I've never heard a song with more cussing in my life, and this is probably mild)
    Instruments:
    It's actually kind of nice. There's one part that drives me crazy though, the bass. It gives me, and probably other people that aren't used to rap, a headache.
    Rating:
    5.5 out of 10

Classical:
    Beethoven-Moonlight Sonata
    Instruments:
    Very beautiful, it has a sad feeling to it but I love it anyway.
    Rating:
    8 out of 10

Taylor Swift-Love Story
    Singing:
    Pretty good, I kind of like it.
    Lyrics:
    They're all right, to much like a fairytale for my tastes, but I guess that's the point.
    Instruments:
    I like it, it's calm and relaxing.
    Rating:
    7 out of 10

My Pick:
    Aqua Timez-Alones
    Singing:
    Very nice, I like it.
    Lyrics:
    They're really good, it's kind of a love song.
    Instruments:
    It's very nice and fits with the song.
    Rating:
    7 out of 10

If you'd like a song on here next time, just leave a message on my profile with the song you'd like me to review!

Sports
    Old vs. New Review
    First off, I would like to thank Rain Wolfheart for allowing me to write for her paper.
    Now I’m about to get into a subject that tends to be a bit controversial. It is whether the new or the old free realms stuff is better. I am going to look at all the main points I can remember with an unbiased view. Note: This is just my opinion, no need to be a hater...
    Old vs. New: Old Combat
    This one is probably most talked about change since is considered the worst change. Now for those of you who don’t know, the old combat was more strategy based and you had to think about what you were doing. There were five attack slots you could have once you got to level 20, and the weapon you had did not affect any of those slots except the first. The next four depended on the job you had. They each had different effects and you used them all in a row to cause extra damage. You would unlock a new slot every five levels and once you unlocked an ability you could upgrade it using your stars. Defeating any kind of enemy could randomly reward you coins and gear, unlike now where it is only the sub-bosses that reward you. Now one of the downsides, combat was slow... Very slow. But it was enjoyable, and very fun with friends. So was this combat better? I liked it better, but it wasn’t the perfect combat system that everybody remembers. Sound off in the comments!
    –assassin64

Old vs. New Review:
    Combat Part 2
    Now for the new combat. I know you probably all groan and say “But assassin, why would you review the combat? It’s terrible! We all know it is!” but hear me out. I know most of you like the old combat system better, even I do. But as a reviewer, I have to review both the good and the bad, and be completely fair while doing it. Now I hope you all know the current combat system, but for those of you who don’t well…(1. You’re a pacifist. 2. You live under a rock. 3. You don’t play Free Realms/You never liked the combat. Take you pick.) But just know it is very simple and streamlined. There are five tiers of weapons each ranging in attack power and special attack. Those weapons completely determine your attack level. While fighting you may get a power up that either restores your health or special ability points, causes enemies to be stunned, or burns them all! Mwhahaha! The enemies are divided into four groups: minions, sub-bosses, spawners and bosses. Minions have no other purpose in life other than to be cannon fodder, they will be the most fought and killed enemy but will give you nothing in reward except for stars to level up with. Sub-bosses are one step up from minions but not powerful enough to be bosses. They give you both coins and stars. Spawners release minions continuously until you defeat them. And finally, bosses. They are normally the last enemy you fight in a level, however some levels have more than one boss. They will reward you with stars, coins (if you’re a member), and a spin on the prize wheel. The prize wheel determines what prize you will get for beating a combat instance. It can be anything from shards and rings, potions and coins, to weapons and gear. This is probably the most flawed part of the new combat system. It is completely unbalanced, some fights you can get from 23 coins to a weapon worth a couple thousand. It also tends to make it very hard to earn level 20 gear, as it almost seems to purposely make it ridiculously hard to get the gear. The new combat has brought about some good things though. It is a lot easier for people to pick up and play. It is a lot quicker, so you can fit more fights in for the power hour. Plus, speaking of power hour, you can gain more coins quicker with this combat system. One last change that people overlook is the new weapons, as they allow everyone to have their own style of fighting. Before these weapons everybody was pretty much the same….but now you can choose how to fight.
    So I guess what I’m saying is that this combat system isn’t better, but it isn’t as bad as everybody says. It introduced some good new stuff and customization.
    I give it a 7.5 (It works and I don’t hate playing but it really could be better)
    -assassin64

Current Events
    Chicken Donations!
    By Surflight
    Do you want to help our fellow moderator, Kaden get his lot filled with 9,999 chickens? Well you can do so by contacting Kaden and telling him you would like to donate 1 – 6,994 chicken(s). Even if you can’t donate stop by to say thank you to the people who did. If you want to check out more on this visit (Do you want to see 9,999 chickens in a lot?)this thread!

Fashion Show
    By Charlotte
    July 15th 12:00 P.M. (Central US Time) the Newspaper Club will host a Fashion Show. The show will be held at my (Charlotte's) house. Members of the Newspaper Club are allowed to participate in the show as models or judges. They are also allowed to come and watch. There will be three judges. The judges will decide on a theme together then, tell the models what the theme is. The models must wear an outfit that matches the theme best.
    Themes may be things like: Beach, formal, goth, winter, scary, goofy, ect.
    How it will work: The judges will give the theme and the models will go dress in the matching outfit. Once they are dressed they will go down the runway and stand in a line, shoulder to shoulder, in front of the judges. The judges will discuss their decision of which two models will be eliminated. When they have decided they will announce who will move on. There will be as many rounds as necessary.
    Awards:
    1st Place: 100 coins and a semi-rare shirt.
    2nd Place: 50 coins and coin shop shoes.
    Whoever shows the best sportsmanship will receive 25 coins.
    Judges will receive 200 coins.
    Each model who doesn't place will receive 10 coins.
    Rules:
    1. No rude or offensive behaviour towards other models or judges.
    2. You must listen to the judges at all times.
    3.You must show up to the show on time.4. Judges must be fair.
    5. Have fun!
    If these rules are broken you will be eliminated.

Classified Ads
    TCG
    Do you need extra coins? Do you need Rare cards for your deck? Do you need help finding the exact card you need? Well, my shop is a great place for that! Just click this link and come on in and see what I have to offer!
    (Buying, Selling and Getting Cards for You *Specific)http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22058
    Buying, Selling, and getting cards for you,
    -lolaya
    Other

Help
    Charlotte's Advice Column
    By Charlotte
    Hi! If you are looking for advice you've come to the right place! Just post what you need advice on right here and I'll give you the best advice I possibly can!

Diversions
    Horoscopes
    By Icy Rose

If you're a Cancer, this month is your birthday!
    (Jun 21.-July 22.)
    CANCER: Work hard to achieve goals for not working at all shows no help towards your future.
    LEO: Don’t show your aggressive side for it will lead you no where you want to be.
    VIRGO: Be kind to the Earth and show your love for our planet, because your small act is making a big difference.
    LIBRA: You’ve been put in an awkward position where you can’t decide which side is better. Always go with your heart.
    SCORPIO: Say you’re sorry to the one you love who is mad at you, that may change your world for the better.
    SAGITTARIUS: Your inner rage may be calling but it’s better to hang up before the worst is done.
    CAPRICORN: The one you are looking for is close; if you look close enough you’ll find them.
    AQUARIUS: Relax, don’t rush things; pushing too hard may cause you stress.
    PISCES: Practice your weaknesses, for one day they will haunt you if you don’t.
    ARIES: Someone is being mean to you; hope for them to become a much nicer and loving person.
    TAURUS: Feel the power of strength burst through you; don’t be afraid to use it.
    GEMINI: Share your thoughts with someone. Keeping things bottled up will result in depression.

Free Realms Misc.
    Royal Vault Lost Forever
    By Icy Rose
    As we know the Royal Vault has been closed and it saddens me to say that from various sources the vault will not re-open. Many of us would enjoy having the Royal Vault come back of course, I would say mostly because of the clothes it brought, and according to Shelby Goldcharm and probably many others that the vault brought rare clothes which now everyone wants badly.
    The poll I made to help with this showed results that 90% of people would like the vault back. 1 out of 10 people don’t want it back which is quite shocking even for a small number because from a quote from A LOT of the feedback is that it was fun collecting tickets and then clicking a chest and a surprise item pops out.
    From the other side, a quote from Seargent Demolisher is that people now rely on different chests to give them rare items. But isn’t there room for a compromise of having the vault and what we have now?

The latest trends in Free Realms Fashion
    By Charlotte Destiny
    For Girls: Blouses, vests, and midriffs! Oh my! This summer you can catch all the girls in a cute small sweater blouse, a cute vest shirt, and any kind of midriff.
    For Boys: This season boys are wearing Camp Chatty and Camp Robbie clothes. They're the hottest thing this summer!
    For Both Boys and Girls: Hats, hats, hats! Everyone has a stylin' hat to block the sun this summer!
    Other Popular Items: Traveller's shorts and Jonin Ninja gear.

The End
    Thank Yous & Welcomes
    Thank you to the following for making this newspaper possible:

Free Realms Insider
    Free Realms
    Sony Online Entertainment (SOE)
    The Staff of the Newspaper Writers Club:
    Rain Wolfheart (Rain), assassin64, Charlotte, Danari Swiftheel, lolaya (Lolaya), Icy Rose, Rosierulez, Zoey704, Sarah Noblemind, Surflight (Surf) and Amanda Precioussaber (Liz).

Welcome to our three newest members:
    Amanda Precioussaber (Liz)
    lolaya (Lolaya)
    Surflight (Surf)

Hope to see you all at the staff party!

Thank you all for reading our first issue! Follow the link below if you'd like to join us!
    http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...509#post366509

-The Newspaper Writers Club
    Rain, assassin64, Charlotte, Danari Swiftheel, Lolaya, Icy Rose, Rosierulez, Zoey704, Sarah Noblemind, Surf and Liz.
    Last edited by Rain Wolfheart; 07-14-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Zoey704 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: ~The Newspaper Writers Club Presents: Our First Issue!~

NIce job, Rain!!!!!!! I loved it!!
    Signature credit goes to: Stephanie Stonyray (Thanks Stephanie)

Help us help make THIS Christmas Event a success!!

Thanks! I hope you get to write for the next issue.
    Allons-y.

Leocuta is offline Master Gamer

Woah, that's really good.
    Anyone need anything Boys Only, Combat or anything else except Girls Only PM me

Zoey704 is offline Master Gamer

Okay. I will. Just tell me when to get some pictures.
    Signature credit goes to: Stephanie Stonyray (Thanks Stephanie)

Help us help make THIS Christmas Event a success!!

@ Zoey704: You can get to work right now! XD All articles that weren't included are still on the front page, listed as for our next issue.
    @ Leocuta: Thanks!
    Allons-y.

lolaya is offline Master Gamer

Sick very cool i love it
    Also maybe if we are going to add pictures to make it more authentic, we could add black and white.
    Also something else, If you want more coins, i would be glad to donate for the fashion show. Just contact me

Proud Leader of <Renegade>
    I have won 1 TCG Tourney and I have maxed all jobs!

Yeah, but nobody gave me any. XD If you'd like to submit some, go ahead!
    Contact Charlotte for the Fashion Show, I'm not in charge of it...
    Allons-y.

Nikky Wolfcrest is offline Master Gamer

omg i LOVE it!!! im already wondering what the next issue will bring!!!! huuuuuuuuuuuge 2 thumbs up!!!!!!!!! ACK!! its awesome!!!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥!!!!

oh and i have a suggestion for the name: Realms Chronicle. that ok?
    ♥ My Tears Run Down Me Like Knives ♥
    ♥ Stay true to Emo♥

Good name suggestion! Thanks for the comment!
    Allons-y.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast