Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Title: A New Story

KitanaEdenia is offline Master Gamer

Default A New Story

She woke up today. I was so happy...until I realized something was wrong. She wasn't the same. Her gaze seemed distant, I don't think she even knows who she is.

Why did it have to happen now? The warnings...they are coming true. I should've known I couldn't avoid the truth for long. Everything happened about three weeks ago.

"Ember, race you over that bear rock!"
    "What? You bet!" Ember shot off. I raced after her, jumping over stray branches and dodging thorn bushes. The bear rock grew in size, and before I knew it, I was scrambling to find footholds. I pulled myself up, only to meet face-to-face with Ember. "Took ya long enough, Jaden. You haven't been climbing lately, have you?"
    I drew in a few breaths, and responded.
    "No. I've been running on flat ground. It's different in the forest." Ember nodded. She took a step back, her heel hit a spot of slick moss. It was terrible.
    Ember fell in slow motion. Her blond hair flew up, her orange-brown eyes widened in surprise. She fell from the top of the rock and down below. I shouted out her name, but the damage was done. Luckily, there was little blood and she didn't break anything. She just hit her head in three, vital areas.
    I did what I could to get help for her. But I was heart-broken when I was told she was in a coma. Some people woke up in a few days, some a few years, and some...never.

Ember opened her eyes. I was excited to see signs of life in her, I jumped up from my seat. But my happiness died out quickly when I saw the distant, glazed over look in her eyes. "E-Ember?" No response from her, she was staring intently at me. It almost seemed like she expected me to do something. A nurse came in. She shooed me out into the hall and closed the door behind me.
    I sat outside that door for such a long time. The hospital was eeriely quiet. It was strange, there was not a sound, no people chatting, no sounds of hospital moniters, nothing. People were out of the question as well, I was alone. Out of curiosity, I tried opening a few doors.
    Some were locked. Others felt...barricaded or blocked by something. I hadn't known hospital doors locked in the first place. It was very strange. I tried opening the door to Ember's room, but it too was locked.
    What really caused me to panic was the main entrance was locked.
    "Wha-what the heck? It's nowhere near the end of visitor hours." Suddenly, I heard the faint sound of footsteps. I stood, straining my ear to listen.
    I heard someone try to open a door. Apparently it was locked, they began to violently shake the door, from the sound of it. The shaking abruptly stopped, and the footsteps got louder. I wasn't sure if this person was a good or bad thing. I decided to move away from it. I went up a flight of stairs, back up to Ember's room, only to find more surprises.

Chapter 2

I emerged from the stairwell and gasped in surprise. The upper floor was entirely different! Everything looked old, the floor was rotted wood instead of tile. The doors were falling off their hinges, and some were even splintered and shattered in half. The windows were so dusty, I couldn't see out of them. There was electricity, but it flickered off for minutes at a time. A medical cart was strewn to the side, stained with a strange black substance. The contents it held were on the floor around the area. The walls were cracked and stained, the old plaster fell off the wall in chunks. But worse of all...nobody was here.
    To make things even more strange, the doors were no longer locked. I entered a room to my right. There was nothing at all in the room, there wasn't even a floor to stand on. I slowly closed the door. I could recognize the layout of the floor vaguely, I determined which door was Ember's, at the very least. I grasped the crumbling doorknob and twisted, opening the door cautiously. The room had nothing more but dark corners and a ripped-up bed in the center of the room. I turned my back to leave, but my ears picked up a faint sound. Small scribbling noises caught my attention, and I turned back around.
    Slowly, I walked towards the darkest corner of the room. The darkness seemed to receed the closer I got. Finally I could see the outline of a person sitting hunched over a notebook. I got closer and the darkness vanished from around the person.
    Blond hair fell raggedly around her shoulders. She wore a long, dusty nightshirt. Her eyes were fixated on the notebook, she was scribbling furious notes. It was Ember! I dashed the last bit of distance and knelt beside her. If she noticed my existence, she didn't acknowledge it. She turned the page and began writing again. I looked down at the notebook at realized nothing she wrote made sense.

I met him. Offered memories. Found grip of trees, entangled in was. Black flakes fell from. Mind-deadening grasses. Must find him, out of time. Must find him. Must find him. Find...find...him. Last ray in 4 Tsuki.

There was a part of a note at the bottom in a different hand that was not in any language I knew. It was written in bright blood-red ink: ...Aiutami...aiutami...Uomo ** bisogno di te! Aiutami...aiutami...

Must find him? Grip of trees, black flakes? Mind-deadening grasses?! This makes no sense! I grit my teeth in frustration, but I realized Ember was writing words on the wall now. She finished her last word and stopped, holding the pencil to the wall. Her hand twitched and the pencil fell to the rough ground with a clatter. She inclined her head towards me and actually spoke.
    "Are you him?"
    "'Him'? What do you mean? I'm your friend Jaden!"
    "Jaden...I feel I should know you."
    "Well, you did hit your head hard,--wait, do you know what happened to this place?"
    "An earthquake just happened." She said matter-of-factly.
    "But everything's changed! Do you not remember the tile floor? All the nurses running around?" Ember gave me a strange look.
    "Nurses? T-teal...tyle... floor? I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about." She turned away as if we never spoke and began to write more in that notebook. An earthquake? An earthquake can't magically turn tile into wooden floors. And..did she just say she didn't know what tile was? She pronounced it wrong twice. Suddenly a question popped into my mind.
    "Ember, what year is it?" Ember seemed extremely surprised.
    "Y-you know my name! We...met before? And it's 1963...surely you should know that?" She suddenly seemed to notice my clothing. "Did you come from another land?" Taken aback, I just nodded, my eyes wide. Better to just have her assume that. I...traveled to the past? What's going on, what is this place?
    Ember stood up. "Well...whether I know you or not doesn't matter." She looked over my shoulder at the door, and something clicked in her mind. She grabbed my sleeve. "It's not safe here. You need to leave, before the exit closes. Ah, it probably closed already!" She dragged me out of the room at a fast pace. She ran to the doors I'd entered the second floor through. She reached out for the doorknob, but her hand wet against the wall. It was like a holographic image...Ember cursed softly. "That's it...that's the only free exit
    "Free exit?" I asked questioningly.
    "Yes. I'm not exactly sure how we'll get out of here...but you need to remember what was lost."
    "Uhh...what?"
    "Remember what was lost. I can't say anymore...not yet. Anyways...follow me." The lights flickered a few times, and shut off. It was very dark, I could only make out Ember's silhouette. I tried my best to follow her form, but I ended up tripping over something that jut out of the floor. Ember turned the corner, and I scrambled to catch up with her. I was hearing whispers, and this place was creepy enough without them.

(Updates will be in black. Every time I update it, the new section will be in black, and the previous update will be white.)
    Last edited by KitanaEdenia; 03-19-2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Sorry if I blinded anybody.

Code: Breaker is awesome.
    The stupid gif isn't working.
    I know it's small.

erikapeace1 is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: A New Story

Love it! Cant wait to hear the rest ^^

IGN: Bella Boo
    <3

Melody is offline Explorer

Very good indeed, keep up the good work.

But, I do say try to keep it interesting kay? ^^
    "Shadow and light are two sides of the same coin, one cannot exist without the other."
    IGN: Lyric Dazzlevale

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Very good indeed, keep up the good work.

But, I do say try to keep it interesting kay? ^^
    Don't worry, I like to keep my stories interesting and the reader involved.

I know it's small.

chase123456tan is offline Master Gamer

I hate to see a good story go away.
    KATAANG
    I'm taking the Timeless Isle for the GEAR!
    Beware, Thunder King, nobody is safe from my monk.

Updated my story.
    chase123456tan likes this.

I know it's small.

Epik R0ckZ is offline Pro Gamer

Nice job! I really like it.

IGN: Epik R0ckZ, Thanks to Kayopuro for the avvie and siggy.

Updated again ^_^ I hope you guys are enjoying this story, if nobody is, I'll just ditch it.
    chase123456tan likes this.

I know it's small.

This is good, but I cannot read the red without hurting my eyes. You might want to try using a less harsh color for your updates.

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

-Lewis
    Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah Wolfprism View Post
    This is good, but I cannot read the red without hurting my eyes. You might want to try using a less harsh color for your updates.
    I apologize Ssavannah! Sorry! I changed it >w<

I know it's small.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast