Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lollipop
  • 1 Post By Lollipop

Title: My Story

Lollipop is offline Master Gamer

Default My Story

I just came up with this story I am calling The Phoenix. I will post more parts as I come up with them. For now, here is Part 1 and Part 2. Let me know what you think and if you want me to continue. Thanks!

The Phoenix Part 1

A lone Phoenix swooped down towards the ground, gliding on silent wings. He landed, looked warily around, and began hopping around. His name was Flame, though no one knew it. He searched through the grass until his wingtip brushed something. It made a crackle sound. Barely suppressing a shriek of surprise and delight, he tugged at the piece of parchment with his break. Using his talons and his wings, he managed to spread it flat. Lines and shapes that had nearly been worn off with time still covered the map. Ah ha, he thought, this is what I’ve been looking for! A twig cracked and Flame jumped, making the map fold up. The crackling of the ancient paper seemed hundreds of times louder in the now silent forest. His sharp eyes scanned the area, looking for signs of the spy. He could see nothing. Then, out of nowhere, another Phoenix darted forward and snatched the map. Other Phoenixes were extremely rare, and if this one wanted his map, things were indeed far worse than Flame ever imagined. He screeched at the Phoenix and grabbed the map in his talons. The Phoenix made an angry noise and ripped the map in half. Then it flew off with one of the halves. Flame looked down sadly at the ruined map. He picked what was left of it up gently in his beak and flew away to hide it before more damage could be done.

Part 2
    Flame flew back to his cave and was searching for a place to hide the map when a voice hissed from behind him, “Hey, you.”
    Flame spun around, dropping the map in surprise. He saw a Phoenix about his age glaring at him.
    “Who are you?” he asked.
    “Doesn’t matter. What does matter is that map you’ve got,” the Phoenix answered.
    “W-what map?”
    “Don’t play dumb with me. I saw that half-ruined map you’ve got. Let me see it!”
    Reluctantly, Flame spread the map. The Phoenix gasped.
    “This is what we’ve been searching for!”
    “We?” Flame asked.
    “We are not the only Phoenixes in the forest, you know.”
    “Who are you?”
    “The name is Ember. What’s yours?”
    “Flame. Why do you all want that map?”
    “When we get to the others, they’ll explain. Why do you ask so many questions anyway?”
    Flame did not answer.
    “How did you get this map anyway?”
    “I found it.”
    “How’d you know where to look?”
    “I just looked.”
    “Do you know what this map is?”
    “No, and now who is asking so many questions?” he snapped.
    Ember almost smiled.
    “Come on,” she said, spreading her wings. “We have some Phoenixes to find.” And with that, she took off. Flame had no choice but to snatch the half of the map and follow.
    chase123456tan likes this.

"There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for." -Samwise Gamgee

Lollipop is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: My Story

Part 3
    They flew through the forest.
    “Are you sure you know where you’re going?” Flame called from behind Ember.
    “Of course I do. I know this forest better than you do, I bet,” she replied.
    “Just how many Phoenixes are we going to meet?”
    “Plenty.”
    That made Flame nervous, but he wasn’t going to admit it. He didn’t want to appear any less scared or lost than he already did.
    “Here we are,” Ember said and landed in a small clearing. There were no Phoenixes anywhere. A cool breeze rustled the leaves in the branches above their heads.
    “Where are the Phoenixes you said we’d see?”
    “Probably watching us from a hidden location,” she replied.
    Still, nothing stirred. Then, a large Phoenix stepped from the bushes.
    “Ember,” he said, coming toward them, “who have you brought with you and why?”
    Ember bowed a little and said, “Smoke, this is Flame. He has half of the map.”
    Smoke’s eyes widened. “But what has happened to the other half?”
    “Another Phoenix stole it,” Flame answered.
    “This is not good news.”
    “I am sorry, but I am really confused. Why do you want the map so much?”
    “This map shows the location of a Ruby.”
    “So?”
    “This Ruby is magical. If we don’t find it in exactly five days, we Phoenixes will lose what we are famous for,” Smoke mumbled.
    “And what’s that?” Flame asked.
    “Are you really that stupid?” Ember asked. “It’s the ability to rise up from ashes. You know the story, right?”
    “Yeah…”
    “So, if we lose that, Phoenixes will not exist anymore,” Smoke finished.
    “We have to find that map!” Flame exclaimed.
    “But, no thanks to you, we have only half!” Ember snapped.
    “It is not my fault! The other Phoenix stole it. Why would they want it anyway?” Flame said, confused.
    “Lots of Phoenixes may want this map for their own reasons, good or bad,” Smoke said. “Since we are not that Phoenix, we will never know exactly why they wanted it.”
    “Who cares why they wanted it! We have only half! How can we find the Ruby with half a map?” Ember said.
    “Well,” Smoke began, “Flame saw the whole map before it was ruined. Perhaps he remembers what is said.”
    “Do you?” Ember asked.
    “Um, no…”
    “Oh dear… this is a bad situation,” Smoke said.
    chase123456tan likes this.

"There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for." -Samwise Gamgee