Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Title: My Life--4th Grade **Partially fake, partially true** [October 7th finished!]

Katlyn Oakdream is offline Master Gamer

Default My Life--4th Grade **Partially fake, partially true** [October 7th finished!]

My Life.PNG
    My Life
    A Diary from the girl who sits in the back
    4th Grade

Note from Author
    This is a book that's partially false and partially true. Of course, I'm not allowed to use real names. So I'm using nicknames I gave my friends or their initials, if they make sense. Starting from 4th Grade, you will experience my life in a book you've never seen before. I will skip time sometimes because I forgot some parts. But it will all wrap together in the end.

Introduction

Many people have asked me what my life is like. I've told them how I saw stuff that day...briefly. But this, this book you are holding in your hands right now, tells you how I saw things in full detail.

Character guide

M.G.--Girl--Rep: Liar

Mrs. E.--Teacher (Girl)--Rep: Da Bears

Pikachu Pride--Girl--Rep: When can I get a hedg
    ehog??

Shopping Cart--Boy--Rep: Okay, did everyone bring their Pokemon cards?

Texas--Boy--Rep: Haha! You just got served!

AL--Girl--Rep: It just BIT ME!

Aid--Boy--Rep: Give me the basketball, dude!

Mill--Girl--Rep: **In deep voice** See the Lorax in 3D Friday.

Vogue--Girl--Rep: Katlyn, calm down, please calm down now, PLEASE!!

Shadow--Boy--Rep: Just get over it, Kitty Kat.

L.M.--Girl--Rep: Give me back Jim!

D.W.--Boy--Rep: Nyan Cat is back in the house!

Ribs--Boy--Rep: Bring back sausage pizza, bring back sausage pizza!

Broncos--Boy--Rep: Did you see the game last night? The Broncos totally beat da Bears!

Zany--Boy--Rep: I'm not short! I'm "fun sized"!

August 5th
    Morning
    This is August 5th, first day back to school. I got Mrs. E for 4th grade. But guess what? My best friend, Pikachu Pride, got into Mr. P's class! I like Mrs. E, but I wish Pikachu and I would be in the same class. Is that so much to ask for? I guess so.
    Anyway, we had to make little paper t-shirts to hang in our mini-classroom, A.K.A. mobile, A.K.A. trailer home. How wonderful!
    Mine is elegant and a solid color with flowers and my name swirling across the sleeves and collar. The new kid I'm sitting next to, M.G., doesn't really know what to do. So I explain it to her.
    "So just grab a couple of markers-" I start.
    "But I HATE markers. Can't I use crayons instead?" M.G. interrupts.
    "Sure, I guess. Now just write your name and draw stuff you like and color the t-shirt in the mark-" I continue, but I'm interrupted again.
    "You mean CRAYONS????" M.G. corrected.
    "Yeah, sure. I mean CRAYONS. Anyway, here's mine." I hold up my paper t-shirt. "I love flowers so I put flowers on mine."
    "Nice! How about you go and give yours to Mrs. E. and I can do mine. Kay?" M.G. instructs.
    Let me tell you something about M.G., she won't really tell you the truth. If she's telling the truth, she's probably being bossy or hiding something.
    "Here you go, Mrs. E. I worked VERY hard on this." I gave Mrs. E. my t-shirt and walked back to my desk.
    "How's it going, M.G.?" I ask, very annoyed.
    "Pretty good. I thought up of this really cool idea where I swirl my name on the sleeves and collar, then I color it ALL purple, besides the places that have rainbows and stars." M.G. told me.
    Oh!!! How mad I am! I made all of my t-shirt a dark magenta color besides the swirly name on the collar and sleeves. Don't forget the flowers! That little copy-cat.
    "I don't want to rain on your parade, M.G., but, I think you're doing the EXACT same thing as me!" I fake chuckle. But it's believable. "What a coincidence!"
    "Actually, you did flowers, not rainbows and stars. You did a dark magenta, I'm doing PURPLE. You had you're name, Katie, across the sleeves and collar. I had my name." M.G. said.
    First of all, I told M.G. to call me Katlyn. Not my nickname. UGHH!!!! I only allow my good friends to call me Katie or any other nickname!!
    "Yes, I see. But my t-shirt and your t-shirt are very a like. You've only got pencil outlines so far on your t-shirt. Do you mind if you change it a little bit? You know, so it won't be like mine." I ask her.
    "Nah. I'm going to wait until somebody else notices but you. So, I'm waiting for Mrs. E. to yell at me and tell me to start over." M.G. said.
    "You want to get YELLED at? By a TEACHER???" I'm a little concerned now that she either, A. Has mental issues, or B. She likes being yelled at.
    "No! I just don't care if YOU think I'm a copy-cat. I need to make sure more people think that I'm a copy-cat besides you. Because I don't take orders from little girls like you." She says like a California snot with one of those mansions.
    "For your information, I'm older than you! You were born in April 2002, and I was born in October 2001." I informed her.
    Oh my gosh! She is being ruder than my Great-aunt Reese (boy's name for a girl, weird) on Thanksgiving, reaching over all of us at the dining room table to get the mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and cranberry sauce. This year, we're planning to get a table to put stuff that she likes on it so we can enjoy Thanksgiving for once.
    "So? Does it matter?" M.G. seems to be from a California millionaire family. But she's just from the neighboring city.

Lunch
    Lunch! One of three times of day that we're allowed to talk freely! The two recesses are only 15 minutes. But lunch is 25 minutes.
    I sat next to Pikachu today. The last time I saw her was at a 3 night sleepover two weeks ago. So we have to talk about more than just school and Girl Scouts.
    "How to you like Mr. P.?" I asked Pikachu.
    "He's nice. Mrs. E. sounds loud and mean! I'm glad I didn't get her this year!" Pikachu said.
    "Mrs. E. is NOT loud or mean! It's just Texas and AL have hearing aids so she has to use a microphone!" I say. She's changed. I can tell it. She's probably under a lot of pressure.
    Her parents told her that they might be moving back to Missouri. Then HER best friend, Shopping Cart, moved to a private school this year. Cart made me feel left out. Pikachu would always play with him, and Pikachu was my only friend in 3rd Grade. I don't think she thought of me as a best friend. Cart would never let me play with Pikachu.
    "Whatever. Anyway Texas is stupid, he wouldn't learn anything anyway and AL, she's dumber than a grain of sand. That's why I never go to the Southern states where she's from." Pikachu complained after she swallowed a bite of a hazelnut and banana sandwich.
    She has changed! She thinks the new kid from last year and the guy that's been here since 1st grade is stupid and dumb! What if I said to Pikachu, "Hey, that kid in your class, Aid, is stupid, dumb, and mean!" Aid is not stupid or dumb. Maybe a little mean, sometimes. But most of the time he's just like a nice 4th grader.
    "Excuse me?" I said. My jaw dropping.
    "You heard me, didn't you? Texas is stupid and AL is dumber tha...." Pikachu started. I put my hand over her mouth.
    "I heard you. I don't like what you said." I told her. My eyebrow went up and my eyes went wide. That's how I scare her at sleepovers after we watched a scary movie.
    "It's true though. Texas has to go to a special teacher during reading! AL is from the south." Pikachu explained.
    "Texas has to go to speech, so does AL! If you had hearing damage, you would have to go to speech!

Afternoon Recess
    I made a new friend. Her name is Mill. She's like me, but shorter with blonde hair. I have a dark brunette color for my hair. She's partially shy, like me as well.
    In 1st grade, our school added 2 new swings, a wheelchair swing, and a kindergarten playground. Mill and I quickly ran to the 2 swings before someone took them.
    We were talking and having races of who could get to the top first. After our 10th round, we took a break and caught our breath. Just when the "cool kids" caught a GRASSHOPPER on the football field. The "cool kids" consisted of D.W., Vogue, L.M., and Shadow. They started walking towards us, Shadow's hand cupped. We slowly stood up.
    "Want to see a GRASSHOPPER?" D.W. asked me. I HATE grasshoppers and insects. Vogue and Shadow know that. But I bet all my money that D.W. made them catch it... just for me. Mill backed away and I followed her.
    "No thanks!" We said in unison. We were about 10 feet away from D.W. now, freaking out.
    "Shadow! These girls want a surprise." D.W. said. That little.....UGGHHH! He's a pain in the neck!
    Shadow silently opened his cupped hands. We looked over and saw the grassy insect and ran. The bad part was not the grasshopper. It was the way we ran; hair in front of our face, arms flopping in the wind behind us, and our feet kicking up wood chips in their faces.
    D.W. whispered to L.M. She thought for a moment a nodded. D.W. started making fun of us.
    "I'm Katlyn and I run away from a harmless insect. I'm perfect! I get all As on my report card. La l-la l-la l-la!" D.W. said in a squeaky voice.
    "And I'm Mill! I hang out with Katlyn. I get Cs on my report card and I hate grasshoppers and anything that's not elegant!" L.M. mocked. Then, all of a sudden, they made Shadow open his hands like he did a moment ago and there they went. L.M. and D.W. running like we did.

August 15th

Morning
    It's been 10 days since the first day of school and guess what? I JUST found out that we have "jobs". This week I'm the assistant, the highest job there is in the classroom. They get paid 2 classroom dollars after their week is done. It's not that I don't like the assistant's job. It's just that I have a clipboard. A clipboard with names on it, like Shadow, D.W. Mill, and Vogue! I have to mark down when they're talking in line. It's fun, kind of, standing outside the line, looking at the people who are talking to shut them up... PARADISE!!!!!

Afternoon Recess
    The first recess was nice. But, seriously! Everyone has at least 3 check marks! But the worst is yet to come.
    "So, I went on YouTube and found this one video that's REALLY funny." D.W. told Ribs, Broncos, and Zany.
    "What's it called?" Zany asked. Let me tell you about Zany. He's short, blonde hair, and zany. Simple as that.
    "Nyan cat. Look it up." D.W. replied. For you people who don't know what Nyan Cat is, it's a Poptart with cat paws and a cat head and it's tail, a long rainbow. In the video it says "neon neon neon neon" for 3 minutes straight. Boring but fun.
    D.W. Must've seen me mark him down because he soon yelled at me. In an annoying way. Ugh.
    "Give me 20 check marks!" D.W. yelled. "Katlyn!" I glared at him and he repeated it. Mrs. E saw the whole thing.
    "Katlyn, is he yelling at you?" I nodded my head. "I'll talk to him. He'll apologize." He better, I thought.
    Of course, she talks to him and what does he do?
    "Nice drawing, Katlyn." He said sarcastically. It wasn't my best work but everyone knows, even when I'm drawing sloppy, it's still REALLY good. "Maybe you can trade it in for me to get 20 marks." I glared at him again and he stopped laughing. I can be sweet and nice, but when you make me mad, just a move of my eyebrow can freak ANYONE out.
    "Ooooo!!! He likes you!" Vogue said to me.
    "No he doesn't." I argued. "If he did, how could you tell?"
    "Are you kidding me?" Vogue responded. "I've been hanging out with him for 1 year now. He had a crush on..... ummm... me and I could tell by the way he taunted me. Hehe." I looked into Vogue's eye suspiciously. She was stuttering a lot.
    He doesn't like me, RIGHT? If he does, I'll rip my hair out!

October 7th

Yipee! Today's the last day of school until it's fall break! Why am I soooo excited? My 10th b-day is over it! Wooohoooo!!! So, I got to bring in snacks!
    I went to the store with my mom last night and bought 3 dozen of soft sugar cookies with pink frosting and colorful sprinkles!
    "Okay, everybody! Let's sing to Katlyn!" Mrs. E. said. They all started singing. It was pretty good really, besides Ribs' yell-singing.
    "Katlyn, choose someone to help you out passing out the napkins and cookies." Mrs. E. instructed me.
    "Ummm...." I bit my lip. Should I pick Vogue, because I know her well? Or.... Should I pick AL because she's a really good fried? I finally decided.
    "Vogue." I finished calmly.
    She walked up and took the napkins and started passing them out. I started passing the cookies after she put a napkin on someone's desk. She gave a napkin to D.W., but I skipped him on purpose.
    "Cookie! Cookie! Cookie! Cookie!" D.W. was chanting this. Oh my gosh. Will he EVER stop?? Ughhh. I thought.
    When I was done giving everyone but D.W. a cookie, I sighed and gave a cookie to D.W.
    "COOKIE!!!!!" D.W. exclaimed and shoved in all into his mouth, almost choking on it. That's all I saw before I went out the door with Vogue to pass out the cookies to my previous teachers.

October 9th
    Last edited by Katlyn Oakdream; 05-16-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Guess who's back, back again, Katlyn's back,
    Tell a friend
    Wanna help get more people back on FRI?? CLICK HERE

Inua is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: My Life--4th Grade **Partially fake, partially true** [introduction finished!]

I'm eager to read more already; continue, please?
    Each Event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.

Default Re: My Life--4th Grade **Partially fake, partially true** [August 5th finished!]

August 5th is posted! Later today, probably after dinner, I will post the grasshopper incident!
    Napers200 likes this.
    Tell a friend

Default Re: My Life--4th Grade **Partially fake, partially true** [August 5th finished!]

Added grasshopper incident!
    Tell a friend

EpicJewelspotter is offline Master Gamer

Compared to my 4th grade, your's looks a lot better than mine.

Trust me here, 4th grade was miserable for me.

Not all who wander are lost...~J.R.R Tolkien
    I play Lord of the Rings Online now. Name: Mirferil Server: Arkenstone

Tommy0327 is offline Pro Gamer

This is pretty cool! I'm thinking of making a writing suggestion thread (you know, such as topics for writing) And was wondering if you'd be ok with "a school year of yours" to be a topic! I wanted to get your permission, because I haven't seen any other thread where someone has creatively used there actually life and turned it into a story! I just really think this would be a good topic so just let me know!

From a big fan:
    ~Tommy0327
    Spoiler: show
    Actually wrapped in a spoiler but still awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by EpicJewelspotter View Post
    Compared to my 4th grade, your's looks a lot better than mine.

Trust me here, 4th grade was miserable for me.

Remember that some of this is false
    Tell a friend

firestar63 is offline Master Gamer

I love it! I can't wait to hear more!

Tommy0327 is offline Pro Gamer

I just realized something! The picture with this book at the top says "My Life" does that mean this is a series?!?!?!????!
    Spoiler: show
    Actually wrapped in a spoiler but still awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy0327 View Post
    I just realized something! The picture with this book at the top says "My Life" does that mean this is a series?!?!?!????!
    There's going to be a "5th grade" one and more. It's a series. But not a real book series, YET. There's no real book yet.
    Tell a friend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast