Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Icon11 Malti and the Magic Squirrel - A Short Story by Rain Wolfheart

I wrote a short story about my role-play character, Malti, and decided to post it here. For non-members of Half and Dark, she's a very gullible, happy-go-lucky dog ally to DarkClan. So basically, she sticks out like a sore thumb. She loves to play in her patch of flowers, the only on on their territory, and she goes crazy when she sees a squirrel. She's best friends with Lilystem, the medicine cat, because they were neighbors when they lived with humans (housefolk) She's also friends-enemies with Rusty, another dog ally. So, here is 'Malti and the Magic Squirrel'. I hope you like it! =D

Malti and the Magic Squirrel
    A Short Story by Rain Wolfheart

It was a sunny day. Malti the goldendoodle was playing in her patch of flowers. Nobody else in DarkClan was awake- they were nocturnal. But Malti loved sunny days like this. Especially ones with flowers. She was rolling around in a patch of daisies when she heard a voice.
    “Hey, you!” squeaked someone from a tree. Malti looked up. She couldn't see anyone.
    “Hello?” she called.
    “Up here!” squeaked the voice again. Malti rolled over and stood up, looking around. The speaker sighed.
    “Over here, you stupid furball!” they said, leaping down from the tree and landing on the grass behind Malti. She turned around to see a...
    “SQUIRREL!” Malti cried, bounding towards it.
    “Wait, stop!” it squeaked. Malti took a step back.
    “Wow! A magical talking squirrel!” she exclaimed, sitting down.
    “Yes. I am the magic squirrel guardian of this forest. I will grant you three wishes if you do me one favour.” it said, blinking it's beady black eyes. Malti cocked her head.
    “Okay!” she exclaimed after a moment. “Sounds like a fair deal.” The squirrel smiled.
    “Good. You must first find me enough nuts to fill... This hole.” the squirrel said, pointing to a hole where an uprooted tree had once stood. Malti nodded and started sniffing around. A cat-nap later, she had filled the hole with nuts and seeds: peanuts, hazel nuts, beech nuts, walnuts and sunflower seeds. She sat down in front of the patient squirrel.
    “You can now have three wishes.” the squirrel squeaked excitedly, not taking it's gaze away from the nuts.
    “Okay... My first wish is to make sure this patch of flowers is always blooming, even in winter!” she exclaimed. The squirrel clapped it's forepaws together, spun in a circle, flicked it's tail and nodded it's head. Malti smiled. “My second wish is that me and Lilystem stay best friends for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever.” she said. The squirrel clapped it's forepaws together, spun in a circle, flicked it's tail and nodded it's head. Malti smiled even wider. “My third wish is for... Rusty to be my other bestest friend!” she exclaimed. The squirrel clapped it's forepaws together, spun in a circle, flicked it's tail and nodded it's head. Malti beamed. The squirrel grinned evily.
    “Toodle-oo!” it said. And it leapt into the pile of nuts, dissapearing. Little did Malti know that the squirrel had never been magic. It just wanted food. She padded back to the DarkClan camp, thinking that she would always have flowers and two best friends. Poor, misguided, gullible Malti.
    Allons-y.

sparkles is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Malti and the Magic Squirrel - A Short Story by Rain Wolfheart

LOL talking squirrel who tricked malti for food XD Funny

I GOTZ FIRST COMMENT W00T!
    Well Mister Smarty Pants I don't go running around.
    -Haha funny trolololol (randomness)

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD " Over here you stupid furball!" I started laughing really hard and I think my mom is thinking about taking me to a therapist,,,,

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Hehe, glad you guys like it ^_^
    Allons-y.

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

XDDDD! Raineh, you never cease to surprise me.

~ ​KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~

Hehe ^_^ Well, IMO, Malti is one of the most entertaining characters to write about on Half and Dark. And to watch, in real life. She is honestly the craziest dog, ever. I was taking her for a walk the other day, and she just randomly stops and starts rubbing her face into the grass. XD
    Allons-y.