Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Icon6 Kass, Ming and Me, by Rain Wolfheart **Added part of Chapter 2 and edited some of Chapter 1! Please read!**

This is a story I wrote about a girl named Elizabeth Chestnut, from a small northern town. I find this reflects my own life a lot, because I grew up in a similar town to the one described here. I will be editing and adding more, so check back often. I will post my latest version as often as I can. Please comment, suggest ideas and rate! This is only a rough draft, so please tell me what you think, what could be better, what is awesome and what I should add!

~Kass, Ming and Me~
    By Rain Wolfheart

Chapter 1

I yelped as I received a face full of popcorn.
    “Kass!” I screamed. I took a handful and flung it at my friend. She shook it out of her long blonde hair and giggled.
    “Gotcha!” said Ming, tossing a bunch into both of our faces. We screeched, grabbed our pillows and hit her in the stomach. Not hard, of course. Then, we all fell over laughing. I sighed happily and stood up. I watched as Kass and Ming got up too. Ming picked up her awesome purple and green striped beret from the pile of popcorn. I didn't hear my mom come through the door. She flicked on the overhead light and gasped.
    “El, what happened here?!” she yelped. I blushed, and Kass started giggling like crazy.
    “Popcorn?” suggested Ming. My mom sighed and left the room. She came back with a broom and dustpan. Kassandra took the dustpan, I took the broom. Ming grabbed a garbage bag from the bathroom cupboard. We swept up the popcorn, then went back to my room. Our movie was almost over. The credits were already scrolling, a roll of bloopers playing on the other side of the screen. I switched off the DVD player and turned off the TV. Kass flopped onto my bed. Ming sank into the beanbag, holding out her camera. I grabbed a pillow and hid my face.
    “Nooo!” I moaned. Kass and Ming pulled the pillow off of my face. Kassandra stood me up.
    “Smile, Liz!” she said. I frowned and looked away. Ming crossed her arms and sighed. Kassandra whirled me around, and tickled me until I laughed. She then put her arm around my shoulder. I gave in and smiled. Ming hopped over happily and stood beside me, the camera pointed to face us. She snapped a couple pictures, then changed the camera setting to sepia. We all made funny faces for this one, and then fell over giggling. Ming's stylish glasses slid off her nose. My mom popped in, once again.
    “Lights out in ten mintes. Get ready for bed, girls.” she said. We groaned, then flopped onto my bed. I rolled over and pulled open my dresser's drawer. I took out my pyjamas. Ming and Kass pulled over their bags. Ming's was a pretty purple and green handbag style one. Kass had a dark blue duffel one. She pulled out an oversized t-shirt and some cute PJ pants. Ming took out a cute pink Minnie Mouse ensemble. I, myself, had a blue tank top with plaid green pants. Ming looked offended.
    “Lizzie, you can't wear that!” she scolded. “Blue and green do not go together.” she said. I shrugged.
    “Don't care. Nobody else will see me, and I think it looks cute.” I retorted. She shook her head and headed for the bathroom so she could change. I saw Kass out of the corner of my eye, already changing. I waited for Ming to be done before changing into my PJs. My kitten, Archie, climbed up onto my bed. He purred as we rubbed his little orange ears. Ming let him climb onto her shoulders, but Kass stayed well away. She didn't like cats that much. We sat around and goofed off with Archie before my mom came to tell us 'lights out, girls'. Ming and Kass climbed into their sleeping bags. I pulled the covers up to my neck as my mom switched off the big light. I flicked on my nightlight and tossed my friends some flashlights. We fell asleep very soon, since we were all tired from skating during the afternoon.

I woke up the next morning with a pale, thin face in front of me. I yelped and rolled over. Kassandra fell over laughing. Ming was already on the floor, dressed in a cute red skirt and black leggings. She also had a black tank top with sparkly sequins along the neckline. Her short black hair was curled, and she had on a hint of reddish eyeshadow. Kass was still in her pyjamas. Her long blonde hair was always straight and neat. She had a couple pink streaks in it. I found it really cool, but her mom didn't like it. She always said that Kassandra should 'snap out of the rebel look and start being a girl'. Kass always wore jeans and a sports jersey or an oversized t-shirt. She played hockey, soccer, lacrosse, basket-ball, baseball, football and swam, all on the boy's teams. She was always chosen first in gym. Ming, on the other side, preferred art. She had every fashion magazine you could think of, a book full of celebrity autographs and the biggest collection of skirts anyone could imagine. Me? I was all for animals, the environment, world peace, that kind of stuff. I'd always dreamed of having a skateboard. I was always on my laptop, too, when I was alone. I had Facebook, Twitter, MSN, everything you could think of. It was all plastered with 'Go green!' 'Stop animal abuse!' 'Help Haïti!' and pictures of the planet, cute little puppies and maps of Africa. I had links to websites looking for donations to cure cancer, end world hunger and open Eco-friendly restaurants. I had the words protest, help and save written in almost every status update, Tweet and personal message. I didn't have many pictures of me. My hair was medium-length, brown, dull. I was in-between fat and skinny, short and tall. My looks weren't a real concern to me. All that mattered was my name: Elizabeth Chestnut. The girl who changes the world. We all finally trudged down the stairs, all dressed and ready for breakfast. My mom had fresh pancakes with blueberries (Kassandra's request) packed in, and extra maple syrup. I tucked in, sliding the crusty bits under the table to feed Max, our bulldog. My brother Matt was officially his owner, but he made our parents pay for Max's food. He also made me walk and feed him, so he was basically everyone but Matt's dog. When we were done, we headed for GreenApple, the cafe a couple blocks away from Ming's apartment complex. She lived with her grandmother and parrot, Gertrude, in apartment B-13. Kassandra lived with her dad and step-mom in a house on Riverside. She shared it with them and her two older twin brothers, Kenny and Jared. We passed Ming's place, waving to Mrs. Howell, Ming's grandmother. The elderly Asian woman waved back. She was watering her tulips. Ming led us to GreenApple, where we saw two familiar bikes outside: Jake and Taylor's. We pushed open the door. It was packed, but we were able to squeeze in with our friends at a booth. Jake and Taylor sat on one side, us three on the other.
    “What's up?” asked Taylor.
    “Nothing much. Want me to go order?” Kassandra asked. We all agreed, and Jake wrote down our orders on a slip of paper: mochas for me and Ming, a coke for Jake, a smoothie for Kass and water for Taylor. He also wrote down for 'five chocolate chip cookies' and handed her an extra three bucks. We all took turns paying for the drinks, but had to pay it ourselves if we wanted other stuff. Kass came back with our orders and passed them out. We handed her each two quarters for our payment jar. If any of us was short, we could take from the jar. The cafe's owner, Mr. Smith, let us stash it behind the counter. We were regular customers, and almost family considering Jake was his nephew. Jake passed out the cookies. Kass and the guys scarfed down theirs. Me and Ming dipped them into our coffee. When we were done, we said goodbye to Mr. Smith and headed for the park. A cool spring breeze passed through our hair. (except for Taylor. He had a short crew cut.) We said bye to the guys at the intersection and headed for the arena. We stopped at Kass's place to call home and say where we were going. Then, we walked down Oak street. We passed a man walking a chihuahua, an old woman with a walker and two older girls on bikes. Oak street was always busy. At the arena, we headed for our lockers. The small town of Birchwood had a small population, but it was like every small northern town: built on logging, surviving on hockey. There were two schools: St-Joseph, the french catholic school, and Sacred Heart, the english catholic. Where me, Kass, and Ming went. The arena had two rinks. The first was open on weekends for public skating. We picked up our skates and sweaters and headed for the ice. We saw some boys pulling out a hockey net, so Kass went to grab her stick. Me and Ming skated around the other end, falling a total of five times, each. Just as I was saving Ming from a sixth fall, we heard a yelp from the other end of the ice. Kass was lying sprawled on her back, her hockey stick halfway across the rink. A crowd was gathering around her.

Chapter 2

I tapped my foot impatiently as I sat beside Ming in the waiting room. We had started to read the fliers posted here and there on the bulletin board in front of us. A nurse in rainbow-spotted srubs came over.
    “Elizabeth, Ming, you can come over now.” she said. We followed her silently, dashing eachother worried looks. We came into a bright room with a large bed against one wall. Kass was resting there, her lower body covered by a sheet. She smiled at us and motioned for us to come closer.
    “It's not too bad.” she promied. Her mom pulled away the sheet. We gasped. Both of Kass's legs were in casts!
    “Does it hurt?” questioned Ming. Kass shrugged.
    “Not too bad. What really hurt was that loser hitting me!” she exclaimed.
    “What happened, exactly?” I asked cautiosly.
    “Well, you know that guy from French, Samm? He bodyslammed me into the net. I hit the post and went flying onto the ice. It really stinks that I'll be out of the game for, like, a month and a half. I'll have nothing to do, and the season just started!” she sighed. Ming's eyes brightened.
    “I have an idea...” she said. Me and Kass looked at eachother worriedly, and Ming started laughing. The nurse in the polka-dot scrubs came to get us.
    “Visiting hours are over, girls. You can come and see Kasey in the moring.” she said.
    “It's Kassandra.” Kass said. The nurse pretended she hadn't heard, and ushered us out.

“So, what's your brilliant idea?” I asked Ming, in the back seat of my dad's truck.
    “Well... One of the fliers on the board was looking for a part-time coach for the Junior Stars program. Apparently Mrs. Alpel is expecting a baby and can't skate with them for a while.” she said. I shrugged.
    “And?” I asked.
    “Well, I thought that maybe we could coach! How hard can it be? Kass can do all the talking and instruction. I can do all the organization, like team meetings and practices and all that stuff. And you can help the kids, since you like little kids so much!” she said.
    “Ming... That's a brilliant idea!” I exclaimed. I hugged her and we started discussing our new job. This would be awesome!

The next morning, we headed for Math class. Monday morning, ugh. Me, Ming and Kass were all in the same classes, except for 6th period: Ming had Art, Kass had an extra period of Gym and I went with my Math tutor. I was having trouble since we had started Algebra. 8th grade math is no fun.
    Last edited by Rain Wolfheart; 10-10-2010 at 10:17 AM.
    Allons-y.

James Darkshadow is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Kass, Ming and Me, by Rain Wolfheart

Hmm, It seems unique, but I can't find a main plot...... a story in the story XD.
    I have also added more to mine.....
    AND THANK YOU FOR GIVING US SOMETHING TO READ, not just a One Paragraph story that says *I will add more if I get good feedback* O_O, how can we give good feedback on one Paragraph XD
    Join the Movement! Help Resurgence! We are a Group of Volunteers with a common goal, hosting activities for the community! Help us out! We'd love to have you.

IKR? I have a couple ideas, but none of them seem all that good for a plot with this story. I'm kind of leaning towards one now, though. I'll see if it fits with the story. I've been writing a bit for a few days, and decided to post once I have the first chapter. One thing I find annoying (no offense to anyone who does this) is when someone who posts a paragraph and calls it a chapter. :/
    Allons-y.

Exactly, My Story I have, isnt even a chapter yet. If you read what I have now, it is pretty long.
    Join the Movement! Help Resurgence! We are a Group of Volunteers with a common goal, hosting activities for the community! Help us out! We'd love to have you.

Now I'm really sure about that plot. =D I'll start working on chapter 2 now! I'm writing this in OpenOffice, so I won't lose it. Here, I would probably close the window and lose a whole chapter. >.<
    Allons-y.

I am using Microsoft Word, Copying and Pasting it onto here....... I save per paragraph.... I haven't made one mistake yet! (I haven't lost all my work!)

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

Great story, I can't wait to see what happens next!

~ ​KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~

Ella Sparkleflower is offline Master Gamer

Pretty awesome. I really love the last sentence, 'a croud gathered around her'.
    Some advice, ALWAYS leave a cliff hanger chapter ending. It leaves the reader exited and wanting more. Just when i read the last sentence i started imagining pretty crazy stuff.
    "Was she bit by a snake?!"
    "Did she fall and brake her leg?!"
    "Did her pants fall!?"
    "I DON'T KNOW! LET ME READ MORE ALREADY!!!!!!"

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NIEN, WIR SIND DIE JÄGER

Incarnation is offline Banned

Really cool great job

Brilliant Advice Sophie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast