Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By KodaBlack
  • 2 Post By Lollipop
  • 1 Post By KodaBlack

Title: It's our past that either builds us up, or tears us to pieces from the inside out.

KodaBlack is offline Explorer

Default It's our past that either builds us up, or tears us to pieces from the inside out.

Please note that this is this first in the series of short, collective stories I will be writing. Please let me know what you think, any criticism is welcome. ~<3

Her heavy goth boots could not be heard as she walked, despite the fact she was taking no care to step around leaves or avoid snapping twigs. She tramped forward, a goal locked in the front of her mind. Her black hair whipped from around her face as the light breeze grew into a forceful gale, pushing open her heavy, unbuckled gothic-styled coat. Quickly, she clamped a hand down over the skater beanie that was guarding her ears from the very same chill that struck her now. Her deep green eyes closed as the wind forced its way into the sleeves of her heavy coat, her white undershirt doing no good to protect her golden skin from the cold's daggers.

Koda Black waited for the wind to die off before opening her eyes and letting out a low sigh, her breath forming tiny clouds as it slid past her lips. Carefully, she worked her frozen fingers up the buckles of her heavy coat, the skeleton patterned gloves she wore did no good to protect her hands.

When she had completed buckling her coat, she stuck the tips of two fingers through her lips and took a deep breath. Pressing her pink lips down on her fingers and exhaling, a loud whistle was brought to life with a high pitched roar.

After waiting a few seconds, she sighed, her shoulders drooping.
    "Where has that spider gone now?"

She cupped her hands to her mouth.
    "CHIBI! HERE BOY!"
    Within a few seconds, the familiar sound of brisk scuttling was heard behind her. She spun on heel, lowering into a crouch as she did so. Koda opened her arms, a smile on her face.

The pink and blue spider jumped into his partner's arms, thankful she was so warm in this strangely cold weather. Chibi was trembling, all eight of his legs were tucked in against Koda's coat, attempting to warm himself up.

Koda smiled, stroking the strange pet's head with her cold fingers. His exoskeleton was oddly cold. She placed him back down onto the frost bitten grass before pulling the white backpack with patches all over it from her back. She unzipped the pocket and picked up the spider again, this time tucking him inside. She left about a hand's length unzipped and then picked the bag up and secured it over her shoulders.

She raised both hands to her face, cupped them together, and then blew a breath of warm air into them.

Why is Sanctuary so cold all of a sudden?

The question wriggled its way into her mind. Why was it so cold? Fall had only just begun and Snowhill was on the other side of the region.

Koda took a deep breath of the cold air, cringing as it stung her throat. With a shake of her black hair, she trudged onward.
    chase123456tan and Layla Gold like this.

Lollipop is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: It's our past that either builds us up, or tears us to pieces from the inside out.

I love it! Please write more! I really want to know what happens and why it is so cold.
    chase123456tan and Layla Gold like this.

"There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for." -Samwise Gamgee

Default Re: It's our past that either builds us up, or tears us to pieces from the inside out.

She had traveled for quite some time now. The sun had finally started to tip-toe along the horizon, its orange and pink fingers stretched across the fading sky. It had grown even colder now, so cold in fact that the traveling teenager had her hands jammed deep within her pockets, and her beanie pulled so far down on her head it nearly concealed her eyes.

At least the wind had died off now. Up ahead, a new light burst to life with a pop. It was so sudden it made the normally steady girl jump. Her kelp-green eyes narrowed as she lifted a hand to shield them from the immense light. It was then she felt it.

Warmth. So much in fact, sweat beaded on her brow.

And as she had gotten close enough to get a good glimpse, it vanished with a low hiss.

Koda was baffled. Such a strange thing she had just witnessed. It reminded her of a spell shot from a wizard's wand, filled with energy and animated as though it had a life of its own. And it was hot. How could something so warm exist in the suddenly frost plagued Sanctuary?

The spider in her backpack suddenly began to writhe around, causing the backpack to slide free from Koda's back. It hit the ground, and suddenly Chibi burst from the bag; forcing the zipper to pop. And before Koda could turn, the tiny spider scuttled off into the night.
    "Chibi! Come back!"She shouted, grabbing the backpack and dashing off into the night after her friend.

She hadn't gone ten paces before the sun seemed to vanish entirely. A new chill rode upon the air now. Koda stopped in the total darkness, stretched a hand inside the bag, and felt around for her lantern. When her fingers brushed the freezing metal, she pulled the old fashioned device out.

With a quick twist of a small knob, the lantern sprang to life, illuminating the darkness around its carrier in a small oval shape.

There was a strange sound behind the lone traveler.

Lantern held firmly in hand, she spun around. A look of absolute horror scared away her relaxed features. The tree directing in front of her had begun to crystallize. The crackling sound resembled ice cracking.

Without even considering it for a moment, Koda turned on heel and bolted straight ahead.

Away from the plummeting temperature. Away from the ice taking over everything in its path. Away from the newest threat.

Or so she thought.
    chase123456tan likes this.
    A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.
    I'd finally set out to make my mark, find adventure.
    Instead,
    adventure found me.

I am ending this story here, as I do not like how it is coming along. I will be starting a new story below.
    My apologies to anyone who was interested.
    A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.
    I'd finally set out to make my mark, find adventure.
    Instead,
    adventure found me.