Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Orthuss is offline Pro Gamer

Icon1 Growing Up - A Novel by Orthuss

Heyo, I decided to make one since everybody else is. Don't expect much, since I'm not a person who hangs around in the roleplay section a lot.

Spoiler: show
    Previous Chapters:
    Chapter 1
    Spoiler: show
    Chapter 1: Lost and Found

A crack, like a bow string breaking, suddenly sounds through the stormy October atmosphere. In the corner of his eye, Lugabow saw a tree coming straight towards him. If he had an axe or a hammer in his hand, or maybe even a wand, the Chugawug could have prevented the tree from falling. But, for now, all he could do was run and clench his teeth at the devastation of all the wildlife this would cause. That tree was almost as old as the great oak, which seems to have a spirit constantly shadowing the camp.

Ducking under a bush which has served him refuge from such storms for nearly a decade now, Lugabow gives a sigh of relief. It has been so long since he has felt as hopeless as now. Nearly in a state of dozing off, he ponders about the survival of the wildlife, as well as his fellow archers. Would they worry about him if he left for more than a day when he just said he would go for a few hours to investigate the storm damage? Would they? Would they...

A raindrop passing through the leaves finds his way on the archer's forehead. Startled, Lugabow slowly wakes up. It's been a few hours, and sunlight started to make it's way through the treetops. Retracing his Chugawug steps, Lugabow finds himself at the fallen tree once again. Shocked, he sees a wooden wagon trapped underneath the tree. It seems as though there were people in the front, which have managed to escape, and a basket in the back which did not make its way out. Lugabow was about to abandon the wagon when he heard a tiny squeal come from the basket. Squeezing through the wreck, he opens the basket, expecting a cat to pop out and run away as his thanks. But to his surprise, there was a baby.

A baby. A pixie boy in his prime, abandoned inside a crushed caravan wagon, as near to death as humanly possible.

Rethinking the situation, Lugabow decided to take the baby, and then the Warpstone to Lakeshore. He knew a good family who lived there. Rumatum's Goulash back at the camp can wait for this.

[FONT="Century Gothic"]
    Chapter 2: Westbound

"But Moooom... I told you I don't like that Spiralmint Salad!"

"Hush, my dear, and eat up."

It has been about 13 years since that fateful knock on Mama De'Flor's door. Bowman Bitler was standing at the door, soaked to the bone. He hastily started to explain the situation, but Mama De'Flor couldn't hear anything and offered the Bowman to come inside. He relaxed, and that's when Mama De'Flor could make sentences out of these words. He told of the baby that was found in the caravan in the midst of the rainstorm, equally unexpected and violent as the one outside at this very moment. He told of Bullseye, whom Lugabow gave the baby, so he could look for a family to adopt it. And, when the De'Flor Family offered their help, Bullseye was more than glad and gave the Baby to Bowman Bitler to deliver. "Poor thing, it's been through two storms already in it's first week of life. But the only thing that matters is that it's home now." Mama De'Flor added: "Lucca finally was accepted to Bordon Cloo's Cooking Academy, so now Merri's been feeling lonely. We needed a playmate for her, thank you so much." It's was a blessing for her, and it always will be. She named him Marco, after a famous explorer who she hoped he would grow up to be. And 13 years later, Marco was certainly growing up to be this kid.

Marco helped out in the De'Flor Restaurant, waiting as well as doing deliveries. He was just the kind of person who was reliable about everything. On late deliveries, he sometimes came home later, but Mama De'Flor ignored these things. Marco learned a lot of cooking skills, as well as a lot of knowledge about the world. And today, he was finally going to get more.

Taking only a small knapsack, Marco sets out to see Bowman Bitler, once a lowly novice archer, now a leader in the Stillwater Archers division. Until Stillwater Crossing, Marco knows the route like the back of his hand, but then, when the Blackspore Range comes in sight, he would have felt lost. It was a good thing the Bowman was by his side. Marco also felt more comfortable that he traveled with a pixie instead of a human. On the outskirts of a small village named Crossroads, the Bowman stopped to exchange a bit of chitchat with another pixie, whom he called Bullseye. The conversation revolved around Marco, as well as an incident that happened 13 years ago. The conversation was just out of earshot for Marco, who was curious but stayed behind the tree just as the Bowman instructed. He only understood one sentence that Bowman Bitler mentioned: "We should not mention this to him until later."

Then, Bowman Bitler and Marco went about a mile more until they saw a small camp at the base of several mountains where some Chugawugs in green trained archery. Marco originally wanted to run away... weren't these that recently assisted the murder of the king and queen? But he stayed, because he remembered there were different groups of Chugawugs, and this one only came in peace.

When they arrived at the archery targets, Bowman Bitler told Marco that it was time to meet Lugabow, his future mentor.

And before they began to talk, Lugabow burst into tears of joy.
    Last edited by Orthuss; 09-22-2010 at 05:55 AM.

FR Names - Orth (Pixie Guy Main), Kanji Tatsumi (Human Guy Alt)
    Guess who's back? Back again?

Eladwodahs Alim is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: A Novel by Orthuss (Untitled as of now)

Nice read, Orth. I like that you have the story actually in the Realms and that Lugabow is a guy, that was a nice touch. I hope you post more soon and that title comes to you.
    Nothing is permanent.

Buddha

gigatomboy is offline Master Gamer

Nice story! Can't wait for the next installment.

You won't find me on FreeRealms anymore. If you want to meet me in Mabinogi, my IGN is Svanett & I'm on server Alexina.

I was kind of writing this without looking at the game, so I forgot a few details. :p

And also, it was kind of my first real creative writing piece, so thanks!

Default Re: Growing Up - A Novel by Orthuss

Bump, posted the second chapter.

Default Re: Growing Up - A Novel by Orthuss

I'm not posting another chapter until people comment