Post One
    Title
    Table of Contents
    Preface

Post Two
    List of Important Characters and Places
    Prologue

Post Three
    Chapter One: Laughter, Secrets, and Stones (Pt. 1)

Preface
    Hello and welcome! This is my first fanfiction created based on the world of Free Realms. While still a new player to the MMORPG, I have grown incredibly fond of game and the world it created. Feedback is much appreciated either in posts here or PMs.

The story is a work in progress and suppose to be a bit of the background of my character, Morgan Echovale. I've been shaping up her personality and origin, however, some of the information will be incomplete and may be amended later for accuracy to canon lore.

Thanks and happy reading!

~Vhisola
    Last edited by Vhisola; 07-21-2010 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Update

Vhisola is offline Explorer

Default Re: FR Fanfiction

List of Important Characters and Places
    Characters
    Brom Mightyhammer: A sturdy dwarf veteran with a good heart and booming laugh.

Cerbera: A changeling who travels with Paul Greensfield.

Donovan Shadeweaver: The man in charge of things in Mire's Edge and Blackspore Swamp. The only father Morgan has ever known.

Ivy Li: A serious and stern ninja employed by Sir Gavin Darksong

Jack Sureshot: A fine marksman with a knack for showing up in the knick of time, but not the best soldier.

Lady Lily: A beautiful and young pixie maiden. She is like a sister to Rose Eveningstar and betrothed to the Prince. She has a most unusual gift of song.

Morgan Echovale: A curious girl raised by Donovan in Mire's Edge.

Paul "Polly" Greensfield: A jovial man who works as an archeologist.

Peter Thistledale: Morgan's childhood friend.

Pennyheather: A kind chugawug warrior with a passion for cooking.

Rose Eveningstar: A brave, young knight taken in by a pixie noble family as a child.

Sir Gavin Darksong: An old pixie wizard with a sour temper. He is Peter's teacher and caretaker.

Sniffet: A grouchy robgoblin who became a soldier in order to pay back society for all of his mischief.

Places
    Blackspore Swamp: A dark and eerie place home to many shady folks. Mire's Edge is located here as the only "permanent" settlement.

Prologue
    Friendship. Did you ever give the concept a good thinking over? I never really did so don't worry if you haven't either. It took me quite some time to fully grasp just how much a friend can influence your life. Peter, my first friend ever, is perhaps the greatest influence even though we parted ways that awful day at the warpstone. I might never see that messy haired boy again, but not a day goes by that I don't think of him. I was always dragging us into trouble, but when we would get caught Peter would just look at his feet and take the blame for everything. I never said thank you, but I think he always knew how grateful I was to have his friendship.

Then there is Lily... And Jack. And I can't forget about Pennyheather or Brom. Not even grumpy Sniffet! Perhaps the most memorable will be Rose. They all are my best friends and all have given me such courage, but Rose is my role model. Because of her, because of my best friends, I know I can do anything. The stars really aren't that far away after flying with these brave knights. All you have to do is reach out your hand and believe.

Maybe the word that really describes these people from Peter to Rose and Sniffet is not friend, but family.
    Last edited by Vhisola; 07-20-2010 at 02:37 AM.

(( Woohoo! Finally posting some of what I had written!))

Chapter One: Laughter, Secrets, and Stones
    Pt. 1

It was a game they played even though they were suppose to stay away from the eerie graveyard. There were few children in the Mire's Edge town. That was, if you could call the collection of salvaged tents and broken wagons a town. The graveyard, like Mire's Edge and everything else in Blackspore, was slowly but surely sinking into the swampy depths. The two children knew the path well through the uneven rows of headstones well. With ease they leapt over soggy spots and puddles. Laughter came from them so out of place in the silent graveyard.

They stopped near a sinking mausoleum and the boy turned to the girl next to him. She was a year and a half younger than him with unusually tan skin, given that there was no sunlight in Blackspore, and green eyes. He was fair skinned with pale blue eyes and messy dirty blonde hair. She wore a pretty green dress and her long hair was neatly combed; he wore hand-me-down robes of a wizard's apprentice. They were from two different worlds, but that never occurred to either of them.

"Let's play hide-and-seek!" Peter exclaimed.
    "It's my turn to hide," the girl, Morgan, reminded.
    "Aw, but when you hide I can't ever find you!" Peter whined.

"That's the point, silly," then as an afterthought Morgan added, "And no magic!" Before the boy could object the young girl raced off to fine a hiding spot. She could hear him grumble something before he started counting aloud.

"One."

She weaved inbetween headstones bypassing a favorite hiding spot in an old hallow tree.

"Two."

Morgan found a spot, then decided it wasn't hidden enough and searched for a new spot.

"Three."

Satisfied that her new hiding spot was hidden enough Morgan crouched low behind the headstone. Peter's voice was distant and she could not understand what he said. Based on the rules of the game, however, she guessed that he had finished counting and started his search. Minutes ticked by and Peter did come close once, but to Morgan's delight he suddenly changed directions and disappeared around the bend. The minutes drew out and soon even Morgan grew tired of hiding. At the risk of being caught she stood and stretched out her limbs. She was not really surprised that her friend has failed to find her. After all Morgan prided herself on being a superb hider. Lazily the girl looked about her taking in the eerie sight as just being normal. A few more minutes ticked by and Morgan found herself wandering the immediate area too bored to stay completely hidden yet too stubborn to go look for Peter just yet.

Eventually the girl drifted towards a giant overturned stump that had been hollowed out and now served as an archway of sorts. Beyond the archway stood six ancient headstones. The girl moved closer to see if any writing marked the surface of the headstones. None. Morgan frowned slightly as she ran her hand over the weathered, but unmistakably smooth, surface of the tallest headstone. Weird, she thought. Normally any writing was worn away by time, but these graves felt like nothing, not a name or even R.I.P., had ever been written upon them. It was as if they were forgotten or not worth noting.

It just did not seem right to the girl. Somehow in someway Morgan just knew deep down that these were the final resting places of good people. Perhaps it was the royal blue roses growing beside the tallest headstone. Perhaps it was the surreal aura she felt as soon as she passed through the archway. Perhaps it was simply a child's intuition. Morgan studied the graves again and another thought occurred to her. Something else, besides names, was missing. After further examination she concluded that the missing thing was a grave. There were three headstones on one side, but only two on the other side of the tallest headstone. Thinking that in had been stolen since grave robbers were common in Blackspore, the young girl moved to the empty spot and knelt to investigate. She ran her hands over the ground to feel for evidence of a missing headstone. What she did find surprised her. Buried almost completely in the ground was something hard and round. Curiosity got the best of her and she quickly dug up the object.

Chapter One: Laughter, Secrets, and Stones
    Pt. 2

It was a stone. Small and round it fit nicely in the palm of her hand. Morgan turned it over and over again in her hands studying every detail. It was smooth like a river rock, but cool as if it were made of glass. And the colors! It seemed to the small child to be made up of every hue of blue possibly and then some. She admired it for the longest time before suddenly remembering she had forgotten all about poor Peter.

Boy is he going to be jealous! she thought as she spun about and dashed off to find her friend. As soon as she crossed through the archway, however, she felt a feeling of dread hit her. A true gut feeling that something was amiss. Her quick pace immediately slowed as she slowly looked around. The fog swirled around the ancient headstones and decaying mausoleums in an unnatural way. And there was a chill to the air that sent chills down the girl's spine.

"Peter?" Morgan called. There was no reply. Cautiously she moved step by step farther away from the archway. She called out again, "Peter? Is that you making all this fog? Peter?" Still no reply and the girl stopped her eyes now darting around at the disappearing graveyard around her. "Peter?! Peter, stop that! It's not funny anymore! ... Peter?!" Morgan's voice did not carry far as if it were muffled by the unnatural fog. Nervously she shifted on her feet hoping to find some sign of her friend.

She looked back at the archway she had come from. It seemed so far away now, but the roses. Morgan did not know why she did not notice them before, but around the tallest headstone were beautiful royal blue roses. They almost... glowed in the fog. Like a beacon calling to the girl for safety. Morgan looked behind her to where the fog was thickest. But when she turned around she screamed from fright.

And he screamed too! It was a greenish fairy man who yelped when Morgan screamed and fell to the ground. Morgan blinked and watched as the fairy man stood up, dusted himself off, then flew up to be at eye level with her.

"What's with all the hoopin' and yallerin'?" He squeaked almost too fast for the girl to understand.

"I.. Um... You scared me. I didn't think anyone was behind me well cause there wasn't anyone behind me a moment ago when I looked," she explained to him.

"Oh well you're not the observant type, are ya? Hmph!" The fairy huffed and folded his tiny arms across his chest.

"I'm terribly sorry if I frightened ---"

"--- Frighted?! Who said I was frightened? I wasn't frightened!"

Morgan frowned thinking she had genuinely hurt the poor fairy man's feelings. "Please don't be mad at me. Look, let me make it up to you. I could ---"

"--- Make it up to me?" The fairy man interrupted her yet again, "Weeellll, I suppose you could. My what a lovely stone you have in your hand."

The girl frowned again and raised her hand to regard the stone she clutched onto tightly. "Oh.. I forgot all about it already," she said quietly more to herself than the fairy man.

"Good! Then you wont mind giving it to me. I'll just take it off your hands and we'll be on our merry way," the fairy man said already reaching for the stone.

Morgan was still looking at the stone and did not really hear the fairy man's words. As the fairy man reached out for the stone, however, it suddenly started to change colors ominously as if it were trying to give a warning. "Hey wait a minute!" Morgan quickly jumped back away from the fairy man and held onto the stone tightly. "What are you doing out here anyways?" she eyed the him suspiciously as the stone turned from blue to clear.

"Oh.. well.. um, you see... I uh..." the fairy man fumbled with his words trying to come up with an excuse.

"FOOL!" Boomed a voice that made both of the fairy and the girl jump. "Get the stone!"

The fairy man zoomed and grabbed a hold of the stone.

"Give me!" the fairy man skrieked.

"No! Let go!" Morgan yelled back. The stone suddenly glowed fiercely stunning the fairy man. He let go and covered his eyes allowing the girl to escape.

"Don't let her escape!" The voice commanded but the girl and the stone had disappeared into the fog.

Morgan ran as fast as her legs would carry her. The stone's light dispelled the unnatural fog allowing her to navigate the swampy landscape quickly. She did not stop running to look behind her to see if there were any pursuers, because she could hear something crash through the swamp behind her. Even after the sounds of pursuers stopped Morgan did not stop running. She ran along the Ancient's Wall to a place where the wall met rocky slopes. Quickly the girl picked her way up the slope not once looking back. From there she clambered onto the top of the Ancient's Wall and breathed a little easier. She moved along the wall to her little fort built of dead tree branches. It was more like a cove with three walls, but it was her spot. To Morgan the branches represented shelter and safety. No one knew how to climb up onto the Ancient's Wall except for Morgan and Peter. As she nestled into the little cove laying against the stone to catch her breath the girl thought of her friend. She hoped he was all right.

She only meant to close her eyes for a little while to rest, then she would go look for Peter.

Softballlove19 is offline Pro Gamer

This is great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Softballlove19 View Post
    This is great!!!
    Thank you, thank you

Saraneth is offline Amateur Gamer

I like it. Write more? We're so story-deprived on this forum.
    She gave me a puzzled frown like she thought offhand I was dead but the media's so unreliable these days.

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Nice opening.
    I will be sure to check back for more.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Princess Sokello is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Layla Littlenymph View Post
    Nice opening.
    I will be sure to check back for more.
    That's what I was going to say. Word for word. O_O Nice job!
    ♥Sokello♥
    ♥Exertion♥
    ♥"How would you liek it if the chest spammed you?!"♥

Thanks everyone for the feedback, it's always welcomed! I'm working on the next part which will be the third and final part of chapter one. I might be doing some reworking of the earlier parts as I go.

Upcoming:
    Chapter One: Laughter, Secrets, and Stones (Pt. 3)
    Chapter Two: Mining Ahoy (Pt. 1) [name pending]