Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GabbyClark1 is offline Master Gamer

Default Finally Scared Chapter One : Nothing's Fair Chapter Two : The Shock

Finally Scared

Chapter 1: Nothing's fair

"Eek!" Janett shrieked. I see my younger sister standing on the kitchen table looking scared to death. "What is it, now, Janett?" I say, wishing I was an only child. "Look over there," She says, pointing to the floor. "A snake!!" I look where she points, seeing not a snake, but a lizard. "Janett, quit being such a scaredy-cat. It is a lizard not a snake." I pick up the lizard and show it to her, "See? It's a lizard." I open the back door and let the lizard out.

"Mom will be home soon. Until then, could you try to be less annoying?" I mutter. "Well it's not my fault the sn-lizard was in the kitchen, Sam!" Janett whines. "Whatever, just get a snack and be quiet." I yawn, walking off to my room.

Well at least she gets sacred at all. I would give alot to be scared at least once.
    I think to myself before hearing the phone ring. I go back out of my room, heading for the living room. I grab the silver wall-phone.

"Hello?" I say, still half-annoyed at Janett. "Hello, Sam." I hear my Mom's voice's eagerness to tell me something. "Samantha, I have been offered an excellent job offer in Pennsylvania!" This gets me excited. "I have to consider it first, but i will need to go there to look at available houses. I would not be able to take you and Janett with me." Her voice changes, "Samantha, I need you to watch over Janett for a week at most. You are old enough to be with her without adult supervision. I trust you." And this is where something good turns into something bad. "What? Seriously? I have to watch over my whiney sister for a week?" I say, almost shouting. I slam down the phone.

I go straight to my room and slam the door. I will not let anything stop me from thinking this time. How could she think I would be glad to watch over Janett? She always thinks that just because I'm the oldest, she can trust me with anything just like that. The phone rings. I expected her to call back. I want the answering machine to get it, but before I know it, I hear Janett's high voice say, "Hello?" Their conversation fades.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mom comes home half an hour later. By this time, I'm in the living room chatting with my friend, Krest. I hang up when I see Mom, not thinking about answering Krest's question.

"Please," I see the look in her eye, "Watch over Janett-" I cut her off "No. I will not look over that brat more than I have to." I say flatly. "Well okay, then I'll tell Aunt Hyth to get rooms made for you two." I can't read her expression, but I know for a fact that she knows Aunt Hyth is very ill. "But-" I don't finish.

Chapter 2: The Shock
    On our way to Aunt Hyth's house, Janett won't stop singing to the song on the radio. I try getting her to shut up, but she just won't hush. My last attempt is to simply put my headphones in my ears and try going to sleep.

I drift off to sleep quicker than I expected.

I wake up hearing a loud thud and Janett screaming. I can vaguely smell heat. My eyes burst open and I see two wrecked vehicles. One of those vehicles is ours. I'm on the edge of screaming as well, but I don't for the fact that I'm completely speechless.

I barely hear Mom's words. But I do hear her saying "Out of the car!" At that instant, I am pushing Janett out of the car so I can jump out as well. I run to a safe distance from the wrecked cars. Finding words, finally, I say to Janett, "Hurry up!"

I see mom coming not far behind. I get a glimpse of what appears to be the owner of the other vehicle. No one is hurt. Good. The thought swept through my mind.

"Is everyone okay?" Mom asked quietly.

"Yes, I believe so," I reply.

"Janett?" Mom says hesitantly. "Are, are you okay?" No response. "Janett?" Mom is worried. She trys getting Janett to respond. "Janett, answer me. Are you okay?"

I can see that Janett looks like she's in shock. She opens her mouth to speak, but no words come out.

"Go speak with the other person, would you, Sam?" Mom says, still keeping her eyes on Janett. I hesitate, but I start off to the other car and other person. He's tall, and looks like the kind of guy who would yell at you for this.

I look into the man's eyes and ask, "Is everything alright? Are you hurt?"

He simply glances down at me for a second but then says, "I am fine." He seems to be looking at Mom and Janett. He looks at me again and asks, "What's wrong over there?"

I frown and say, "My sister, Janett, is in shock. She won't speak." I turn back to look at them. I see Mom with her arms around Janett. Janett just stands there, looking at the wrecked vehicles. Her eyes show a blank expression.

The man gives a sorry look but says, "I see."

I don't understand. I think to myself. Why don't I feel afraid? Why aren't I in shock?

Chapter 3: Impossible!
    After everything is back in order, including the wrecked vehicle, we start to head back to Aunt Hyth's house again. Janett won't utter a word. I can't help but be worried for her. I don't understand. There wasn't much damage caused by the wreck. The smoke was just from the engine. Why is she in shock? I think to myself.

"We're here," Mom says, trying to boost the mood. No one had spoke since the incident.

"Greeat," I say under my breath. "I'm so exited."

"Try and be more considerate. This family is tearing apart," She says,"I won't stand for it. Now, you better act right."

We all get out of the car with me having to practically drag my shocked sister out. I tug on her arm, getting her to walk with me to the door. Mom is ahead of us, and already is turning the knob on the door. She walks inside, and we follow her.

"Aunt Hyth?" Mom asks. "We're here."

"Ah! Hello, Arika! And hello to you, as well, Samantha and Janett!" Aunt Hyth says, seeming as bright as the sun.

What? How? She's.. She's.. She seems.. Healthy. Not ill at all! How can this be? She had been in the hospital just a week or so ago! I saw her myself! The doctor had said she'd be sick for months. Wait... He never said what was wrong... As a matter of fact, no one had told me! What's going on? Is this some kind of a horror film?
    My thoughts fade as Hyth and Mom start to speak.

"Hello, Hyth," Mom says, "It's been quite some time since I saw you," Mom smiles. "Three months, right?"

"Yes, that seems about right." Aunt Hyth says. She smiles while looking as happy as ever.

"Well, I'll leave you with Sam and Janett, now." Mom walks out the door. Minutes later, I hear the car start and backing out of the driveway.

I glance at Janett. Impossible! My eyes seem to grow with shock. Janett.. She.. Looks fine! She was in shock before we came in this place! And Mom.. She saw Aunt Hyth just a week ago! Not three months! What's going on?
    Last edited by GabbyClark1; 01-21-2012 at 01:29 AM.

chase123456tan is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Finally Scared Chapter One: Nothing's Fair

OMG WRITE MORE PLEASE PLEASE PEALSE
    Opps....I mean Please not Pealse
    KATAANG
    I'm taking the Timeless Isle for the GEAR!
    Beware, Thunder King, nobody is safe from my monk.

Lol. I will as soon as this reaches 10 comments that weren't from me.
    Spoiler: show
    Check out my poems thread. And no link o.o Find it yourself under the creative writing section o.o

chase123456tan is offline Master Gamer

Awwwww.:/ I still luv it.
    KATAANG
    I'm taking the Timeless Isle for the GEAR!
    Beware, Thunder King, nobody is safe from my monk.

Black Rav3n is offline Newbie Explorer

It's good just it reminds me of my annoying sisters I live with and eek if i want to read things like that...NOT...but well written i would says yes. XD

Ciana Winterblossom is offline Master Gamer

Awesome story so far! Can't wait for more!

Sayonara Free Realms.
    I can be found on DC Universe Online. IGN - Suya
    I can also be found here.

jaaaaaaaaack is offline Master Gamer

It's good ^_^ But I've noticed a few grammar errors such as I think it's more proper for when she's doing an action to say: "I opened the back door and let the lizard out."

But I'd love to read more

Quote Originally Posted by jaaaaaaaaack View Post
    It's good ^_^ But I've noticed a few grammar errors such as I think it's more proper for when she's doing an action to say: "I opened the back door and let the lizard out."

But I'd love to read more
    Actually, the story isn't past. It is more the girl's point of veiw of it all and everything is happening in the present, not past. If I was to say opened, then I would have to change all or most of the story to past.

But thanks for your opinion xP

jaaaaaaaaack is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyClark1 View Post
    Actually, the story isn't past. It is more the girl's point of veiw of it all and everything is happening in the present, not past. If I was to say opened, then I would have to change all or most of the story to past.

But thanks for your opinion xP

Oh sorry lol, I try to be all proper with my own grammar at times but I haven't been very good at past, present, and future tense >.<

Well I'm sure you'd understand the past, present, and future someday soon. I try to use correct grammer mostly, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast