Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Stephanieangel is offline Amateur Gamer

Default ...Emra...Chapter 1

I'm pretty sure that I'm too new to write here, but I love writing and would really like some comments on this new story I just threw together. If it turns out that anyone enjoys it, I would post the second chapter. It's a fairly short fantasy. The first part is based on someone I know. And it does have something to do with FR, kind of... Anyways I hope you enjoy it, it's brand new and needs a lot of editing yet, but I thought I'd try... P.s. Please forgive typos, I couldn't copy my story from one computer to the other, so I had to rewrite the whole thing.

...Emra...

...Skiri...

Emra is not a name many souls would know if you asked them. It seemed the only ones who did know of the island, were its inhabitants. The people of Emra were common people, except of course for their queen. She was a vicious queen who ruled her island like a prison. No one dared to face her, or question her position. There was only one hope for Emra, but who of all people would disobey the queen? People guessed, it would be her own daughter to put her in her place...

Her name was Skiri. And Skiri wanted nothing to do with royal business. The land of Emra was in a sorry state, she knew that more than anyone else. But what could she do about it? She also knew her mother unlike anyone else did. Which made Skiri's life, somewhat of a nightmare...

"Skiri!" Screeched her mother, Skiri winced, she bowed her head with a sigh, then tiptoed to her mother's throne room.
    "Yes mother?" She whisper, when she had entered the large room. A large room that had once been grand, the arches that towered above her looked as if they were to collapse, the stained glass windows were cracked, the palace itself gave her chills. She knew this as yet another sign of what life could be, and what it had become. The queen glared at her, Skiri winced again awaiting to be yelled at...

After yet another lecture, the queen had so called, "business" to attend to. Skiri was glad, but hid it the best she could. She stood there and waited until the queen had retired to another room. Then she made a break for it. Out of the old palace and it's crumbling walls, through the very small town, and down to the valley. The world around her was gray and dim, as if all life had been removed. The people of Emra went about their work like nothing was wrong, but yet, she could tell the people were gone. She knew it was her mother's rule that had made them abandon hope. Perhaps they had decided to lock themselves in their minds? Skiri had tried that, it made her feel more empty to dream of a life she never knew...

Now life in Emra continued on the same path for awhile more, but slowly after, life seemed to be looking backward, but eventually it looked ahead. She saw less of her mother, first she was never around, then Skiri left the palace with the rest of her family. The queen decided she didn't want them around anymore. That didn't last very long, soon enough Skiri had visits to the palace often. The tension was enough to make one ill. Every visit she was as quiet as a mouse, she tried hard to be nice, and agree with everything the queen said. Well almost everything... for the queen would constantly ask questions or make comments such as,
    "Why won't you come back to the palace? Is it something I did? I don't know why you don't care about me! None of this is my fault!

Skiri had answers, but not ones her mother would have wanted to hear. Her life seemed to be worse in some ways than it had ever been, or it had at least felt that way. Though she still felt the same feeling, no one was there. Skiri was just a loner, sometimes, she didn't feel it was her choice...

Though one day, it all changed. Life as Skiri knew was about to be dropped for something much more pleasant, and exciting...

...Mallai...

The world around her was gray, faded and misty. She felt like she was in a dream... and she was. When her eyes opened she still found herself in her room. A small and cozy place, but hardly a castle. She dressed for the day quickly, then made a dash for the kitchen. Amial was busy cooking, as always.
    "Amial!" She squealed with excitement and delight, he raised and eyebrow. then saw the look in her eyes and sighed,
    "Another dream?"
    "Oh but this was unlike any other!"
    "Uh huh..."
    "Oh Amial there was this beautiful land, lush and green, surrounded by beaches, cities, and spooky forests!"
    "And you discovered it all?" He asked, rolling his eyes, she looked at him crushed. "Ah my sweet Mallai." He sighed lovingly, Amial had been with Mallai all her life, he'd heard this story many times before.
    "The worlds in your dreams are nothing more than fantasy. This is reality, and in reality, dreams are time wasters."
    Mallai searched for words, but could only find tears, she just stormed out. Amial looked out after her,
    "Oh my head."

Mallai had ran, she didn't know where she was going, she didn't care. Amial was her best friend, but he didn't understand her longing for more than waiting tables. She stopped abruptly at the forest, it's high trees like giants, towering above her. She ddn't look behind her, though she didn't look ahead. She stared at the ground, contemplating her situation. She didn't bother with another though, she plunged into the ominous forest...

I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas, just like the ones I've always known, where wet trees glisten,
    and children listen, as they shake their presents long before they're shown!

StarwarsRus is offline Explorer

Default Re: ...Emra...Chapter 1

Yay you decided to post it Hope you get some nice comments, it's good and I want chapter two!

chase123456tan is offline Master Gamer

Cool,I like it
    KATAANG
    I'm taking the Timeless Isle for the GEAR!
    Beware, Thunder King, nobody is safe from my monk.

Stephanieangel is offline Amateur Gamer

Thanks, and nice try Andee, but it's not super popular... Oh well.
    Last edited by Stephanieangel; 06-17-2011 at 07:10 AM.

I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas, just like the ones I've always known, where wet trees glisten,
    and children listen, as they shake their presents long before they're shown!

StarwarsRus is offline Explorer

I told you soooooo now no more comments out of you, it's rude to keep posting...