Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bnbnbnbn34299

Title: The Druid(Chapters 1-3)

bnbnbnbn34299 is offline Master Gamer

Default The Druid(Chapters 1-3)

Chapter 1
    "Come, on, Ruby, we'll be late!" I quickly stuffed my ponytail into my hood. Ali was not one who usually said that. Then again, she wasn't patient, either. I flew away from her dorm mirror to find her staring from the doorway.
    "Ali, you're not one to be worried about lateness." She rolled her eyes, and flew with me out of the building and down the stairs.
    "Come on, Ruby! It's Blackspore! We can't be late for that!" Once we were by the well, she calmed down and smiled. "Let's let the hawk twins take it from here, shall we?" An average bystander would be horribly confused by her words, and even more so when we followed through. Quickly thumbing through my amulet, I found my magic glass-sealed hawk feather. I whispered the quick chant, and we transformed. As I shrunk, my robe's sleeves grew longer, and the hood snapped around my face, withdrawing to show a hawk's. I was finished a minute, and hawk Ali was grinning the best way a hawk could. We had both accidentally taken feathers from the same hawk, and we were theoretical twins as long as we stayed that way. It was a bit redundant though, I was a triplet. My name was chosen as Ruby because of my reddish brown eyes and bright red hair. Similarly, purple-haired, purple-eyed Violet got her name that way, as did Em because of her green hair and eyes. Her real name was Emily, but she joked it was Emerald, and refused anything but that or Em. Realizing I was caught behind in my thoughts, I spread my wings and took off with my twin for the moment.

Chapter 2
    After the ten-minute flight to the Blackspore meetup place, we landed right in front of Miss Spiria, who would be our mentor during our stay. Not long after we morphed back into druids, a pair of eagles-Mort and Joey, to be exact-landed and became pixies again. The teacher began.
    "Since you are all here on time, I'll begin. We are here for the artifacts, and for a few experiments, and maybe-just maybe-I'll let you gather sprite samples." We got excited. Samples meant morphing, and being sprites would be fun. "Now, we have to morph again, but this time I have new stones for you." She handed each of us a glass stone with a raven feather inside. Quickly, we morphed into ravens and flew off. The view of the swamplands was amazing. Suddenly, as we passed back up to the town, I noticed something odd. I was sure I saw...someone, with bright blue eyes, hiding in the bushes. I nudged raven Ali.
    "Ali, didja see that?"
    "What?"
    "I thought I saw someone hiding!"
    "I think the swamp gasses are gettin' to you." Soon, we returned to Mire's Edge, pitched our tents, and fell fast asleep. But I was having nightmares. Again and again, whatever it was kept appearing. It appeared to be a little human girl, but how could I know that?

Chapter 3
    "Ruby! Get up! The storyteller has come!" I covered my head with my blanket, and kept on reading my spellbook. While most Druids took lessons for four years, I only had to take two, and I would spend those next two years in Medic training. I was destined to become a transition teacher, just like my sisters. Which meant a lot of cramming. Ali sighed and ripped the blanket away.
    "Hey! I was reading!"
    "Your lessons can wait!" Ali dragged me to a log by the fire. Mort and Joey were seated there, as well as the teacher, what looked to be a skilled adventurer, and a few shady characters. Once I was seated, the adventurer cleared her throat.
    "This for me was once a necromancer's whispered fable, but I have seen it myself, and I know it to be true.
    "Legend tells that years ago, a great necromancer fell, leaving his daughter to carry his legacy. She did, but a terrible thing happened. It sealed her in this swamp, alone and confused. She seldom appeared, and she was said to be nonexistent. But my own eyes have shown me this girl, and I believe now that this child, cursed and trapped in this swamp, is a legend to fear." We all went back to our tents, and my mind was reeling. Was the girl I saw the girl from the legend? If so, what had happened to her? If not, what was she doing here? I fell asleep, but the questions invaded my dreams. When I got the chance, I would find out.
    Last edited by bnbnbnbn34299; 05-17-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    I hardly call this place perfect. But I'm a mess, who can't handle any friendship without ruining it and has no one to turn to now.
    I belong right here, and I'm not moving. Ever again.

Default Re: The Druid(Chapters 1-3)

Bump! Next chapter has been added!
    I hardly call this place perfect. But I'm a mess, who can't handle any friendship without ruining it and has no one to turn to now.

Default Re: The Druid(Chapters 1-3)

Bumping again! Will be continuing later.......