Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    beautimus1 is offline Master Gamer

Default Crater and Gingertail: A Forbidden Love

((Hello everyone! This is just a little story I made for the RP Half & Dark. I worked on it almost all night, and I'm quite proud of it! I came up with all of it as I went along hehe. Enjoy!))

Hello there! You must be the visitor I've been hearing so much about. My name is Goldfeather, welcome to Half-Clan!...Oh? You seek the story of Crater and Gingertail, you say? My, my, I haven't had a request like that in quite some time! Well, I would be happy to share with you what I know. Please, take a seat. Ahem...
    It all started with a Twoleg....

A mean one, to be exact. And this Twoleg happened to be the owner of the very infamous cat, Crater. As a kit, poor little Crater was abused viciously. He was underfed. Whenever he didn't do something right, he was beaten. Sometimes he was left out in the pouring rain! This kind of treatment would later prove...Unfortunate for Half-Clan. But that's later on.
    Anyways, Crater would have run away, but he had nowhere to go. The Twoleg was, sadly, all he had. So he stuck around. And still, the abuse continued. Finally, Crater had had enough. All of his hatred and anger boiled over, and he snapped. One night, while his owner was asleep, he crept into his room and jumped onto the bed. With his claws out, Crater slashed across his owners face and ran away, the cries of pain from the Twoleg echoing behind him.
    Crater since walked the streets of Twolegplace alone. He spent his time scavenging for food and shelter, relying on what little he had and what he could find. But his strength and will were slowly ebbing. He almost wished he were still with his Twoleg, but he banished the thought immediately. Anything was better than the treatment he had suffered there. So on he went, traveling on sore paws, his belly almost always empty. At last, he came upon a large forest. There had to be something to eat and a place to rest here!
    Crater spent the following days searching for food, and almost always came up empty. Oh sure, he found lots of prey. But the thing was, he didn't know how to hunt! Angry that his last hope had almost diminished, he lashed out. First, it was at what little he could catch. But then he moved on to bigger targets: cats. And not just any cats. These cats were all living in the forest, in a place called Half-Clan. But Crater didn't know that at the time. If he did, things might have been different. But there's no point in pondering over it now. What's done is done.
    Anyways, the cats of Half-Clan were becoming angrier and angrier. They searched high and low for this mystery stranger, but Crater always managed to slip from their grasp.
    At the time, Gingertail was growing more and more upset over the injuries of her Clanmates. This turned into bitter hatred for the cat responsible, and so she took it upon herself to find this cat...And end his treacherous ways. For good.
    One day, while out on a hunting mission, Gingertail caught sight of something odd. A tuft of fur, with a foreign scent. She immediately became excited. This must be from that cat! So she followed the scent, all the while getting closer and closer to her target. At last, she came upon Crater's campsite. Crater was off somewhere in the forest at the time, but Gingertail did not know this. She searched the place through and through, but came up with nothing. Frustrated, she tore down Crater's den, just as the latter stepped through the trees.
    "Hey! That was my den!" He yowled angrily, dropping some sticks onto the ground. His fur fluffed up in anger and his eyes burned. Gingertail met his gaze evenly, sliding her claws out and snarling. "You must be the one that's been harming all those cats!" She spat. Crater snorted. "They deserved it. They were getting in my way!"
    "That's it!" Gingertail screeched, leaping at him. Crater hissed and leaped at her as well. The two clashed in a whirlwind of teeth and claws. I won't explain the outcome, but that battle ended with two very unhappy (and very injured) cats.
    Gingertail returned to camp, bruised and battered, while Crater remained at his campsite, licking his wounds and thinking of the she-cat that would later change his life...
    The days following the battle were hard on both of them. While both were recovering, their thoughts and even their dreams were almost always about the other. Crater began to feel something he never felt before. Something he couldn't explain, or name. Can you guess what that is?...Yes. It was love. Now, I know that their first meeting didn't go so well, but that's just how it works sometimes. I can't really explain it. Love will find a way.
    Anyways, back to the story. Gingertail was pretty much experiencing the same thing he was. Although she didn't want to admit it to herself. How could she be in love with the cat that was harming her clanmates? But...What if he had a good reason? What if there was more to the story? She had to find out.
    So, after Gingertail was deemed better by the medicine cat, and was able to return to her duties, she set off in search for Crater and his campsite. She finally found him in the same place she did last time. At first, the two were outwardly hostile to each other. But inside, they were happy to see one another again.
    Crater was unwilling to share his story, and he didn't for a while. But once Gingertail began visiting him more often, and even teaching him how to hunt, he opened up and warmed up to her. The two began to fall deeper and deeper in love. But there were also dangers to their relationship. If Crater was caught on Half-Clan territory, he would be driven out, or worse, killed. And Gingertail wouldn't go off easy either. She would be in big trouble with her Clanmates. But she didn't care, Ginertail realized. She loved Crater too much to just throw it all away.
    So, the pair began to plan. Gingertail would try to get Crater accepted into the Clan, though the odds of that were slim at best. So if something were to go wrong, the two would run away together. Like I said, love finds a way.
    But, just as things were looking up, they went drastically wrong. One bright and sunny day, a hunting party accidentally came across Crater's campsite. Crater was out on the walk at the time, fortunately. But the bad thing is, the party had caught on to his scent. So basically, it was a race against the clock. And the other bad news? Gingertail was a part of this hunting patrol, so she would be expected to help drive him off or even kill him if they found him. The thought hurt so much that she had to put it out of her mind completely. There had to be something she could do...But what? And then it came to her. She would have to find Crater before her Clanmates and help him escape! So Gingertail set off, telling her Clanmates that she would run ahead and see if she could find him. They agreed, and she sped away.
    Meanwhile, Crater was busy trying to find flowers for Gingertail. She had changed him so much...From the cruel, angry cat he once was to a loving, carefree tom. Love can do that to you. Once he had found the flowers he knew she would like, Crater turned back to his campsite. But...Something didn't feel right. He couldn't quite put his claw on it, but he sensed oncoming danger. He had to find Gingertail, and quickly. But, just as he was about to leave, Gingertail burst through the bushes, a scared look in her eyes.
    "Crater! Crater, you have to get out of here!" She panted, beginning to push him forward with her nose. Crater, who had felt immense relief when he saw her, was now confused. "Leave? But...Why?" He asked, seeming a little hurt. Gingertail licked his cheek, sorrow clear in her eyes. "My Clanmates found your campsite, and now they have your scent. They're following you as we speak, and they might be here any minute. Please, you have to-"
    "There he is!" A cat shrieked. The couple were immediately surrounded by the hunting party, their eyes burning with excitement and hatred.
    "Good work, Gingertail. You led us right to him!" A stocky black tom meowed, stepping forward. Crater bared his teeth and hissed, his claws sliding out. Gingertail just looked on in horror. This couldn't be happening.
    "Well, why don't you do the honors, Gingertail? Kill this rogue, and we can finally be done with him," The tom said, nodding towards Gingertail. She hesitated, a million thoughts whirling through her mind. At last, she closed her eyes and turned her head away. "I can't. I...I love him," Gingertail whispered.
    A few of her clanmates gaped at her, while the others looked on in shock. Some even gasped. The stocky black tom blinked in surprise, before his eyes hardened and his jaw set. "Well then...It looks as if we have a traitor in our midst," He growled. A few murmurs of agreement followed his words. Gingertail lowered her head, unable to meet her Clanmates gaze.
    "And do you know what we do to traitors?" The tom meowed silkily, stalking slowly towards her. Gingertail swallowed, beginning to tremble. This was is it. It was time to face her punishment. She closed her eyes and hunched her soldiers, waiting for the end...The end that never came. There was the sound of claws sliding out, a screech, a thud...And then silence. Gingertail slowly opened her eyes...And what she saw shocked her to the core. Crater lay at her paws, blood flowing out of a large gash in his stomach. He was looking up at Gingertail, his eyes bright with pain, and also sadness.
    "No..." Gingertail whispered, crouching down to lick his cheek. She felt her heart beginning to tear in two. This couldn't happen. It couldn't! She closed her eyes, trying to control the pain, the sadness. And then, Crater began to speak.
    "I'll...Wait...For you. However...Long...It takes...I will...Wait...For you..." He rasped, looking at her the whole time.
    "Oh, Crater...I'll never stop thinking of you. You'll always be in my heart..." Gingertail whispered, trying hard not to wail. He couldn't go...Not like this. But he was, and there was nothing she could do about it. So she would have to make his last moments peaceful ones.
    "I...I love...You...Gingertail...I always...I always did..." And with that, Crater closed his eyes, and as the last breath left his body, a slight breeze caressed Gingertail's fur. "I'll wait for you..." It seemed to whisper. Gingertail closed her eyes, and it was like she could feel Crater's fur brush against hers one last time, before it was gone...

A sad ending, I know. But, there are some bright sides to all this; Gingertail never did find love again, but she never stopped believing that one day, she and Crater would be together again. And who knows? Maybe they're together as we speak. And there's also a lesson to be learned. Two, actually. The first? Cats can change. You just have to look for the good in them. And the second? Well, that must be the most important lesson of all...
    True love is never easy, but it is also never wrong.
    Last edited by beautimus1; 06-15-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    My first crush was in 1st grade...Dun remember who, but it was probably one of the Wiggles or something xD
    -Princess Claire, aka my crazy yet lovable sissy (:

Zoey704 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Crater and Gingertail: A Forbidden Love

Aw! Cute story!! The ending reminded me of the ending in Tangled. The evil witch who was acting as a mom to Rapunzel stabbed the man with dark hair, and....I forgot the rest....but anyway, Rapunzel cried a tear, and the tear touched the mans face. And the tear healed him.
    Signature credit goes to: Stephanie Stonyray (Thanks Stephanie)

Help us help make THIS Christmas Event a success!!

shadow cat is offline Master Gamer

AWWWWWWWW, I love it, ita so sad through
    ϟ SUPEЯNATUЯAL ϟ

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

Bravo! I'm always looking for a nice love story =) The ending WAS sad, but it was absolutely fabulous =) Very sweet.
    Last edited by Princess Claire; 06-29-2011 at 08:06 PM.

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Ella Sparkleflower is offline Master Gamer

-claps-
    The ending was sad, but it was pushed away by that wonderful speech.
    -idea-
    Send it to Halfy and Darky so they can put it in the Arts section!!!

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NIEN, WIR SIND DIE JÄGER

Awww, thanks guys! You're making me blush! ^.^
    My first crush was in 1st grade...Dun remember who, but it was probably one of the Wiggles or something xD

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

@Ella: I'll post the link in the art section (:
    Awesome story, Lileh! It would be awesome if you made characters for Gingertail and Crater in StarClan!
    Allons-y.

-Reads story again- I still LOVE it. I hope there together in starclan
    ϟ SUPEЯNATUЯAL ϟ

They most definitely are. (:

-Tear come down from eye- I hope there happy up there
    ϟ SUPEЯNATUЯAL ϟ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast