Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rocketeer

Title: Book Suggestions: Help For Topics, Characters, Settings, And More!

Tommy0327 is offline Pro Gamer

Default Book Suggestions: Help For Topics, Characters, Settings, And More!

Book Suggestions:
    Book Suggestions.jpg
    An Amberknight Studios Production!
    Intro:
    Ok, so those of you who don't know me, I'm Tommy0327, I'm an author here on FRI and hope to someday sell my books in stores across the country (or at least my state)! I love to read and write and help people so I made this thread to help with some suggestions! I'm hoping to make tons of new writers to FRI and welcome them to the world of writing! I will admit, I'm not the best with punctuation but I might have a list of editors for you who also struggle with punctuation. I have posted two or three books on here (but I don't want to advertise so PM/VM me for links if you'd like to see them).I'm also thinking of making a FRI book review for books on here! So, welcome to the world of writing.
    ~Tommy0327

Topics:
    In this section I will give some ideas for different topics from A to Z!

• Animals
    • Boxing
    • Cougars

• Dogs

• Electronics
    • Fishing
    • Games
    • Hand guides (some people like to have a hand guide for books that they have written and will sometimes hire other authors so be on the look out!)
    • Ice skater
    • Jail birds
    • Kittens
    • Laboratories
    • Monsters (with breaking the rules)
    • News or Newspapers
    • Outrageous Adventures
    • Parties
    • Quests
    • Rangers
    • Snakes
    • Toddlers
    • Unicycle riding
    • Vehicles
    • Water Skiing
    • X-Rays
    • Yaks
    • Zebras

This is the second list that has any topic I can think of:

Here's another list that is just random.

• Adventures
    • Reviews
    • Movies (in RL or even a FR movie)
    • Jokes
    • FR Jobs
    • Battles (real life and FR)
    • History (RL and FR)
    • Karate
    • Diary s
    • Outer Space
    • Other Insider Sites
    • Sports
    • STAR WARS!!!!! (Sorry I'm a big fan)
    • Books(sometimes if you get premission from another author on FRI they will let you write about there book[s] or even RL)
    • Mythological Creatures
    • Myths
    • Science adventures
    • Secret Agents (with missions of course!)
    • Anything Your Into!

Rules To Follow:

In this section, I'm going to go over some rules you'll want to try and follow when writing a story.

Be Yourself - Write stuff that you want to, make sure your interested and have done your homework and know what your talking about. It's never a good idea to write about a book and not know what your talking about here's an example

"The asteroid belt separates earth from the sun so Earth doesn't burn and lose life"
    (this was fake but an example made to get a point across)
    That is entirely wrong and people will probably think you don't have legit books from making mistakes like that. (By the way the asteroid belt is BEHIND Mars and IN FRONT of Jupiter) It's always good to write stuff you know to be true and you will enjoy yourself such as not writing a wild western novel when you think the wild west is cool and awesome.

Work Hard - It's always good to do as best as you can because if people see your doing a good job and working hard and enjoy the plot, they'll like you and probably recommend there friends to you. Working hard is always a good thing to do for anything. You should try to give one-hundred and ten percent!

Be Creative - If your making something a lot of people do (which actually is pretty dangerous for starters) you want to be creative, try to make something no one has ever heard before because you want something new not old!

Authors Point Of View
    The perspective from which a story is told. Remember, point of view = who is telling the story and how much the individual is contributes.

• Points of View
    • 1st person
    • 2nd person
    • 3rd person (There are two diffrent kinds of third person!)

• First Person

The narrator is a character in the story. Pronouns such as I, me, and we are used.
    • Second Person

1. You are the main character (the reader).
    2. The pronouns you, yours, your, and yourself are used
    3. A second person point of view is rare and is most commonly used in "chose your own adventure" books.

• Third Person

1. The narrator is not a character in the story. Pronouns such as he, she, and they are used
    2. There are two diffrent types of third person

• Third Person: Limited Omniscient

The thoughts and feelings of of just one character are revealed
    • Third Person: Omniscient

The thoughts and feelings of all characters (or sometimes just the main characters, in rare cases) are revealed

Book Reviews:
    If you want to see some reviews for FRI books or even recomend a FRI book to review then go to this link:
    http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/forum/f44/book-reviews-reviews-free-realms-insider-storys-tommy0327-epicjewelspotter-49559/#post844056

Last edited by Tommy0327; 06-01-2012 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Authors point of view
    Spoiler: show
    Actually wrapped in a spoiler but still awesome!

Default Re: Book Suggestions: Help For Topics, Characters, Settings, And More!

Book Suggestions:
    Book Suggestions.jpg
    Characters:
    Characters come in many different shapes, sizes, races, hairstyles, and different ability's! To create a character, it's important to decied there personality first, then once you have that it's a base for what you want them to look like. Another thing with characters is once you have them made, you might want them to have a history to either foreshadow something in the story OR to help the solve a problem or even the main conflict. People think making a character is the hardest part, but the hardest part is being yourself, and making your story a reasonable length.
    Last edited by Tommy0327; 06-01-2012 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Minor edit

Book Suggestions:
    Settings:Settings are always different,​ whenehter it's planets, country's, to continents. If you have a character, depending on what it's about, it's always a good idea to put them somewhere where people will have some of the same characteristics. It's important to be descriptive about your setting so people know how they area looks if your character runs into trouble or is exploring. A setting is an easy thing, as long as you have your character made a setting should come a little easier!
    Last edited by Tommy0327; 06-01-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Book Suggestions:

Writers Block:
    Writers block is very hard to deal with sometimes, and can be easily fixed but most people just don't know how. Don't quote me on this though because it doesn't always work. Here's a list of different things you can do.
    • Listen to your favorite songs or songs dealing with the story topic (love story: love song, wild west: country music etc.)
    • Do your favorite activities or games sometimes you end up incorporating it into the story!
    • Do normal activities, or if it is appropriate, bring your notebook with you and maybe you'll get ideas from your everyday life
    • Read books relating to your topic sometimes this can also just let you use some items to put it your story without copying the original author
    • Finally, you can search stuff about your topic on Wikipedia or Google to find out more information or photos

Last edited by Tommy0327; 06-01-2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Minor Edit

Book Suggestions:
    Editors:
    This topic will be for authors looking for editors and qualities they should have along with some assistance in what you should ask for in an application you may make and a list of editors approved by me.

This will most likely be posted sometime next year, or when I find some authors to list!
    Last edited by Tommy0327; 06-01-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Book Suggestions:
    Authors:
    This will be the one and only section aimed towards editors! It will discuss what to look for in authors, how to take about a job and a list of authors approved by me for editors.
    This will most likely be posted sometime next year, or when I find some editors to list!
    Last edited by Tommy0327; 06-01-2012 at 01:39 AM.

rocketeer is offline Master Gamer

Nice guide, Looks like you worked hard on it(:
    Tommy0327 likes this.