Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gagerz is offline Master Gamer

Default Andie Clarke: Amateur Detecteve

Hey guys. [:
    I used to think it was lame when people posted stories on here.
    But I've been in a writing kinda mood lately, so I figured why not post what I've been working.
    Well, I've been working on some creative writing and short stories recently- but so far nothing has been good enough to share with the rest of you. I've literally scrapped four drafts- but I really liked this idea.
    I've seen my fair share of stories written on here- Roace, action, even Free Realms related adventures- but the majority of them were flops. I praying that this- a mystery- does not.
    The idea dawned on me at two o'clock in the morning last week, and it kept nagging at me until I got out my laptop and started the first chapter. I severely paid for it on my regents the following day- [ [:< ] but I think it was worth it.
    I tried my best to get it to fit the rather long yet understandable list of can't-have specifics. [:<
    Hope you like it. [:
    Please comment.

I've never been someone who wakes up early on a Saturday morning to the wondrous sounds of birds screeching in my ears.
    So I was slightly annoyed when I was in the middle of a rather delicious dream and my alarm decided to brutally bring me back to reality.

Reluctantly, I climbed out of bed and padded into the bathroom, where I washed my face and inspected it for any unwanted visitors. When I was satisfied, I strolled back into my bedroom and unplugged my phone from it's charger. As usual, it had no unread messeges.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

I shoveled an unbuttered toast down my throat and washed it down with a sip of coffee.
    Today was going to be another uneventful day.
    I wasted the day by running unimportant errands- ordering groceries online, cleaning the house, any unneeded things that could be done- I did.
    Almost robotically.
    The mellow-ness of the atmosphere had really put a damper on my mood- and I just wanted the day to be over with.
    At seven I curled up on my sofa to watch a marathon of Law and Order reruns.
    I know- not exactly how most twenty-one-year olds would spend a Friday, but then again, I'm not a very social being.
    Anymore, that is.
    Disctracted, I stared out the window, lost in a variety of unorganized thoughts.
    When my phone rang.
    The caller I.D. identified it as Elaina Sanchez, my only close friend. The only person who remebered my 21st birthday two months ago.
    I really didn't feel like talking, but I figured whatever it was she wanted to tell me was fairly important since she took the time to call and not text.
    I waited for it to ring five times before I picked up.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

"Hello?"
    "Andie."
    Her voice revealed a hint of panic. If there's one thing Elaina never does, it's panic.
    "Elaina? What's wrong?"
    "It's Skye."
    "You're sister?"
    "That's the one."
    "What about her?"
    "She's missing."

i know- a little rough, but I didn't want to make it to long.
    Depending on comments, I may or may not post the next chapter within the next week.
    And sorry for any typos- my keyboard's a bit messed up.

CHAPER DOS
    I'm aware that it's a bit soon- but I'm done with chapter two. [:

Skye? Missing?

Impossible.

"Not funny, Elaina."

"I'm being serious! Skye's missing! I know something bad is going to happen, I can feel it, Andie. Please help me!"
    She's quiet for a minute before bursting into tear-riddled hysterics.
    I wasn't quite sure of what to say.
    "How do you know?"
    "Well, last night, we were talking and she told me she was going out. You know- to a club. She sent me a picture of what she was wearing. She wanted to know what I thought of it.
    She told me she'd call when she got home. I waited for hours when she didn't call by four. I called her three times- she's not answering her phone."
    Well that definitely was odd. If there's one thing I know from growing up with Skye it's that she's responsible.
    "And you called the police?"
    "Naturally. You know what they told me? They said that she has to be missing for a full thirty-six hours before they can do anything."
    I had to admit; I was a teensy bit excited. Not about the fact that Skye was missing- but that I was going to have a chance to do some real investigating.
    When I was twelve, I got a CSI Investigation Kit for my birthday. It came complete with fingerprint dust, police tape, test tubes, invisible ink pens, fingerprinting pads- things like that. I went around our house spilling juice on the floor, letting the sink overflow, hiding the dog's food dish behind the sofa...
    After creating the perfect crime scene, I'd set up the caution tape around it and solve it. Every time I "solved" a crime, which I'd usually framed my brother for, Mom and Dad would pay me. Five dollars for the food dish, ten for the overflown sink if I cleaned up.
    Ever since I was little I'd always dreamed of being a detective.
    I work at a zoo. I go to college online.
    I knew that I would never be a detective, I made peace with it.
    "Tell you what. Tomorrow morning, we'll drop by her loft. See what we can find. Okay?"
    "What if police come by and think we took her?"
    "They won't. You said yourself, they're uber lazy. Don't worry."
    She takes in a shaky breath.
    "Elaina. Skye will be fine. We'll find her. Don't worry."
    "I know, I know I just can't help but let my imagination run, ya know?"
    "Not really. Anyway, I gotta go. Get some sleep."
    "Alright. Bye."
    I went to bed as soon as we hung up. I couldn't sleep, but I didn't mind. My brain was running a million miles an hour, trying to organize my thoughts. They say the average person thinks ten thousand thoughts a day.

The morning came fairly quickly. I skipped to the bathroom with a spring to my step. I ate buttered toast.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgetup.jpg

I left my own loft at seven thirty, armed with a camera. We couldn't touch anything, of course. It may very well have been a crime scene. I got to Skye's at seven. Elaina was already there, pacing.
    "Hey."
    I was trying to sound cheery, but I didn't even find myself convincing.
    She looks down.
    "Hey."
    "You have keys?"
    She pulled a pair of keys attached to a Mickey Mouse keychain from her bag.
    "Yup."
    She unlocked the door and we stepped in. It felt hollow, like the apartment already knew that Skye was gone.
    Gone where, I didn't know.
    Yet.
    "So what exactly are we looking for?" Elaina asked. To be honest, I didn't know.
    "Something that might tell us where she might've gone, or point us in the direction of who took her. You said you have a picture of what she was wearing?"
    "Oh-yeah. Look."
    She held up her phone for me to look at. Studded boots, studded shirt, skinny jeans. Well-coordinated, as usual.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz1pose.png

I walk over to her bedroom, scanning the items scattered on her bed, dresser, and bookshelves.
    "You guys have a joint cell phone account, right?"

She looks at me.
    "Yeah, why?"
    I motion for her to look at a picture of Skye on her dresser.
    "It's just a picture of Skye." She says. "No one else is in there."
    I move the picture a little with a pen cap.
    Underneath lay a picture of Skye, hand intertwined with someone else. It looks like he's about to show her a surprise.
    zzzzzzzzzzzz2pose.png

"You should probably cck in with them see if you can get her list of contacts, so we can figure out who this is. Did Skye have a boyfriend or a really close guy friend? One that might wanted to surprise herr with somethg?"
    She shrugs. “I don't know. She goes through them like water."
    I bend down and take a picture of the photo. I couldn't touch anything since I'd probably be arrested for tampering with evidence.
    zzzzzzzz3.png

“Got it.” I say.
    Suddenly, the door swung open. An angry-looking man with a police badge hanging from his neck stepped in.
    “What are you doing here?” He demanded in a loud, booming voice.
    Last edited by Gagerz; 06-19-2012 at 09:09 PM.

This is Gagerz' signature.
    I believe this is the point where I throw in the towel. [:

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Andie Clarke: Amateur Detecteve

I liked it! =) Especially the pictures...Claire loves pictures

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

Icefang is offline Pro Gamer

This is cool. I agree with Claire, the pictures are awesome.
    P.S. Who doesnt love cliff hangers? ^-^
    Ign: Nóva

Gagerz is offline Master Gamer

@Claire: Thanks. [: I'm glad you liked the pictures. I was hoping people would. @Icefang: Thanks. This is just the first chaper: and probably the least exciting, so I'm glad you liked it. I decided I'm going to post a second chaper since it's probably one of the most important and will [hopefully] draw people in. [:< I'll have it up in a few days.

This is Gagerz' signature.
    I believe this is the point where I throw in the towel. [:

chase123456tan is offline Master Gamer

Nice. I really wish I knew what MMO game that was.. I love screenshots.
    On the other hand,I love the story.
    KATAANG
    I'm taking the Timeless Isle for the GEAR!
    Beware, Thunder King, nobody is safe from my monk.

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

Nice story, going to read the next chapter if there is one.

@Chase, It's Sims 3...
    hello

GabbyClark1 is offline Master Gamer

o.o -Cheers- Yay new story .o. Me love mystery stories
    Anyways, it's pretty cool xD I used to attempt writing stories, but I never really had much luck.. o.O Yet this is making me want to write again.. xD.. But I think I'll stick with poetry for now o.o
    Spoiler: show
    Check out my poems thread. And no link o.o Find it yourself under the creative writing section o.o

Sims 3? I really need to check out more MMO games... I'm stuck to Free Realms,World of Warcrafter,and Bella Sara. Well,I'll check out the game and hope to see one of you soon. (:
    KATAANG

Miss Morose is offline Master Gamer

@Chase, Sims 3 isn't a MMO. It's a Life Simulation game. It's not multiplayer, but it is fun.

*Back on topic, Nice story, I like the illustrations. Makes it more fun. :]
    Morose: Having a withdrawn gloomy personality.
    IGN: Heather Mistblade

Oh. I need to find out what I'm doing wrong to sign up.

Back On Topic. Wonder what the next chapter will be...
    KATAANG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast