Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    paintfresh22 is offline Amateur Gamer

Icon11 Unfair duels - Wild Card Showdown and Esther's Challenge Deck

Hey, does anyone have any tips on winning the unfair duels (duels where your opponent start with an extra card right at the beginning)? The Wild Card Showdown quest (given by Poe Tatters) is proving very difficult to complete, while Esther's Challenge Deck is simply impossible!

Any help given would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: I've beaten Esther on 2-27-2012!

Last edited by paintfresh22; 02-29-2012 at 06:27 AM.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Unfair duels - Wild Card Showdown and Esther's Challenge Deck

Perseverance helps plenty in these games. Like Demo Derby Driver quests, these games rely on an amazing amount of luck. Any deck can win, so long as you know what you're doing, but better decks obviously have a better chance at winning. A personal favorite combo of mine, though, will work if you have the Machine Start Deck and Garrison Gold. Simply have two Kart Drivers and a Garrison Gold on the field. The two spaces the Kart Drivers occupy shouldn't empty anytime soon.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Icon8 Re: Unfair duels - Wild Card Showdown and Esther's Challenge Deck

I guess I should try that. But what about Esther's Challenge Deck? Not only does she start first, she also has a resource card put into play right at the beginning. This means in the very first round, Esther will be able to spend 2 coins and hence place 2 cards, instantly earning her a 2 point lead. And in the later rounds, her 2 coin lead allows her to place all of her powerful creatures. This allows her to dominate the game. On top of that, she has a special card that can reduce 2 of your points when she plays it.

I have already tried playing her many times using the machine deck (the original deck from Sam Potts) but I've always lost to her by a big margin. She easily scores 8-9 points while I am only at 3. Would editing my machine deck help? I have cards like Ari the Fish and Maple Sugarleaf but I didn't add them as this would reduce the chances of getting the 1 and 2 coin creatures needed at the start of the game.
    Last edited by paintfresh22; 12-15-2009 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Grammar

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Unfortunately, I stopped dueling once I finished the second Card Duelist quest series. I'm not an expert Card Duelist, either, so my advice may not help, though I've no more to give since that was always my method of even coming out even. I typically keep Morninglory with me because of her ability to eradicate an opponent's scored card.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

skycon is offline Pro Gamer

Try a deck that has plenty of 1 and 2 coin cards ones that are really good at defense and a few that are good at attacking and plenty of power ups.

Ok, I guess I should try that.
    My level 20s - (Earned in this order) Chef, Postman, Card Duelist, Brawler, Miner, Ninja, Adventurer, Pet Trainer, Fisherman, Blacksmith, Archer, Wizard, Kart Driver, Medic and Warrior

Curator is offline Explorer

If you still have trouble, let me know and I can try to help you with some more specifics.

I did Esther's quests a while ago so I don't really remember, but with the NPCs, it can really help to edit your deck to fit your opponent.

Above that, sometimes it takes luck on your part and bad luck on theirs. Normally have to do the NPCs a couple of times until you figure them out and/or they get bad draws early.

Kzor is offline Amateur Gamer

I would try to have your deck concentrated on a single sphere that way the gems from each card will activate the creatures abilities and its better to have more low cost creatures than a lot of heroes just a few of those high cost cards

AaronEsko is offline Master Gamer

what about that guy in snowhill?
    i cant beat him!
    Aaron Esko <Insiders>

(^^Marley! But don't forget Bubba, Buddy, Duke, Jasper, and my other 47 pets!)

Kzor is offline Amateur Gamer

Garrison?
    Yeah the resource decks can be a pain cuz they have a creature in play the have a card in there inventory and they start first you need to know your deck and some luck

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast