Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Hour11 is offline Newbie Explorer

Icon4 Support Response about 1 Bar Smelting

In my frustration over the tedium of leveling a blacksmith in recent months I sent this question to support:

The reduction of all smelting mini-game results to only one bar - was this done on purpose, or is it a bug? If it's a bug, is there any estimation on when it's going to be fixed; especially given the severity of it. If it's on purpose, what is the reasoning?

-It creates an absurdly tedious smelting process.

-Massively increases the cost of each item smelted.

-Renders the entire "pour phase" of the mini-game useless, as perfect pours give you the same outcome as dumping it all in at once.

-It easily multiplies by five the required time and effort to level a blacksmith (unbalancing it far above the other classes).

-It creates an enormously confusing double-speak between the missions asking you pour 5 perfect bricks at once, and the outcome of only ever receiving a single brick.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems like this a major bug affecting multiple classes in the game - that has been brought up in the official Bug & Suggestion forum for over 3 months - yet there has been no official statement even acknowledging the issue.

I personally know many players are frustrated by this (several I know are just refusing to level those classes altogether until it's fixed).

Any information you can provide (The community could really use an official statement one way or the other) would be much appreciated.
    Support Responded with this:

This is Referee Heliotrope getting back to ya about your petition

Our developers are in fact aware of this issue and are working on a fix! However, I do not have any official information on when they may be done with it or when it will go in-game.

Until it does though, just sit tight! If the one bar at a time craft is not something you feel is worth it, it may be better to wait on doing the smelting mini-games until such time that it is fixed. The fix will go in during game downtime, so check after updates to see if we've fixed it!

I hope that we've put your woes to rest today, and if you have any other questions or concerns please let us know!

Happy Free Realmin'!
    -Referee Heliotrope
    Liaison to feline President Toby
    My concern is that they have at least one downtime since the bug started, I would think this would be high on their priority list. Oh well, just an FYI - I searched around and didn't see any posts besides frustration and confusion. I guess if there is more downtime without a fix, we should remind them again.

Toxic Seth is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Support Response about 1 Bar Smelting

OMG Ya Ikr I Agree! and Heliotrope I Didnt Know You Had An Insiders Account... Well Welcome!

"Always Be Yourself, Because The people Who Mind Don't Matter and The People Who Matter Don't Mind."
    Dr. Seuss.