Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree14Likes
  • 10 Post By ninjablade2000
  • 1 Post By petariaking
  • 2 Post By morgan twinkleocean
  • 1 Post By Miss Morose

Title: Guide: Making an animated Signature using GIMP.

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

Default Guide: Making an animated Signature using GIMP.

Since it took me 4 months to get this right, I decided nobody else should suffer that hardship and therefor am making a guide. xD

1. Make sure you've got GIMP installed on your computer, and that it's open.

2. Open Free Realms and take three pictures of your character and crop them to what you want.. These are my three:
    [NOTE you'll need to make the background of these images transparent, so if it's your first time you might want to stand infront of some teal housing blocks.]

3. Now you can choose your background. I've just taken mine off google:

4. Press 'File, open' and select your first picture.

5. Now, select the fuzzy select tool. It looks like a little wand with an orangey-yellow glow on the end of it.

6. Click the areas that are teal. Then press delete. This should leave you with a white background when you've gotten rid of everything.

Do the same for the other two photos.

7. Now comes the bit that got me a bit stuck at first. Open your background. Then, there's a button under file that's called 'open as layers'. Press this and select your
    first picture.

Notice how my character has a white box around her blocking out the background? Time to fix that.

8. Go into the layers section and hover over transparency. Select 'Add alpha channel' and then go back to fuzzy select. Click on the white bits and delete them. And the white box is gone! Horay!

9. Do the same for your other two pictures.
    It's easier said than done.

10. Now, go into 'filters, animation, playback' You've got a basic animation there, but it's going way too fast.

11. Go to 'filters, animation, Optimise [for GIF]' after it's finished optimising, A new window should open. Go into that one.

12. Now, in layers, you should see in brackets (100milliseconds) click on that and change the (100milliseconds) to (1500milliseconds). Do the same for all the other layers.

13. If you want to, then add text, but you'll have to optimise again and change the milliseconds on the text layer to 1500.

14. When you save, make sure to put .gif at the end of the file name. On the box it brings up, don't just press yes straight away, as you'll have your layers merged and loose all your hard work. Press the 'save as animation' button and voilà! You've got a signature.

This what mine turned out like:

If you've made one you want to share, share it!

If you've got some problems, don't be afraid to PM me. I can help you sort it out; it's always easy to get something wrong, especially on your first try.

Hope this guide helped. ^_^
    AangXD, Shyshadow, Tamecka and 7 others like this.
    hello

petariaking is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Guide: Making an animated Signature using GIMP.

Haha look good! Ima try some later
    ninjablade2000 likes this.
    IGN:Mårk

morgan twinkleocean is offline Master Gamer

THANK YOU! My Wish has been granted I know How to cut out
    AangXD and ninjablade2000 like this.

Miss Morose is offline Master Gamer

Very handy I don't use GIMP, but mainly because I have heard it's very frustrating to figure out. . . This fixes that. Thank you. :]
    ninjablade2000 likes this.
    Morose: Having a withdrawn gloomy personality.
    IGN: Heather Mistblade

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

Thankies...:3 It's actually easier than it may sound - I'd only made a signature like this once before I could write a guide about it...
    hello

Nicole is offline Master Gamer

This is a great great guide, thank you so so much!<3
    Guess what? Yup. I'm back.